Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

smorison
The Godfather
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Oran Park Track Day| Review

Post by smorison »

hey guys,
the gallery is ready to accept your pictures from the track day...

all video if it could come to me i'll put together another video...

hope everyone had fun... i know i did even ending up in the mud at the end of the day and turning AJ's pants ummmmm "off white" :) ... for those that had left or weren't there... i had a tyre failure on a worn tyre that had done over 100km's at race pace that day.. it looks like it seperated from the rim (glue gave up)... and yeah it was looking kinda ratty anyway's (both fronts were)...

I hope we can see more cars at the next track day (on the track)... its great safe fun and well at the end of the day its better to do it on the race track than on the road. :)
AJ
Oldtimer

Re: Oran Park Track Day| Review

Post by AJ »

smorison wrote:i know i did even ending up in the mud at the end of the day and turning AJ's pants ummmmm "off white" :)
Yes Steve, I will soon be sending you my dry cleaning bill. (I don't think that was covederd in the waiver form!) :P

Had a great time anyway! To everyone who didn't go, you missed out on a wicked day :twisted: I never knew the FTO could go that fast around a corner. Respect 8)

Side ways is not as fun though :oops: :evil: :lol:

Thanks to everyone who turned up and showed their support and Steve and his little bro for taking me out for a spin.

Imagine the scene. Steve and I waiting on the start line, Steve turns to AJ, "Hey AJ, no one has crashed today."
GO! We are off.
Cold tyres with flat spots don't give the same grip as they did an hour or so ago.
*AJ grabs the door handle*
Bit wobbley out of the 3rd corner.Over the blind crest and AJ is confident the FTO will do good. 8)
*AJ releasses white knuckle grip of door handle*
We go sideways.
First left, then right. Snap back left and hit the dirt.
Still sliding, Steve is comfortable in his harness. AJ however only has a seat belt and has thoughts of cracking helmets with Steve when we eventually stop.
We are both passengers for what feels like a life time while the FTO decides it will finish its off roading career in reverse. We roll backwards to a stop.

For a few moments the FTO became “FTOooooooooHHhhhhhh shhiiiiitttttt!!!!!!â€
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

haha yeah well ;) it's all good fun until someone looses a tyre :P ... took like half an hour to clean out the dust from the engine bay and the mud off the car at car lovers .... but hey its all nice and clean again...

need some new tyres but pretty happy that they've latest like 20,000km's and two track days...

don't forget to email me pics and stuff and i'll put it up ;)
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Well, it all sounds awsome! Can't wait for the pictures! man... did anyone get the tyre failure on camera? :mrgreen:
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Boris wrote:Well, it all sounds awsome! Can't wait for the pictures! man... did anyone get the tyre failure on camera? :mrgreen:
nah batteries had gone flat in the camera by this stage and its hidden from the spectators where i went off....
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:P however...... pictures were taken of the wheel (and the very dirty car) when he managed to limp back into the pits :P

Overall it was a great day!!! I got sunburned!! :( ouch

Steve's "detour" was a highlight - but ..... as said - better to do it on a controlled track where there are no nasty things to hit :)

Was great to see some new faces with some new cars - hope you all enjoyed yourselves and come along to the next event - which is this Sunday 19th for our Putty Road cruis.

Cheers
Tanya
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Now I am REALLY wishing I had gone! Even just to watch - would have been a blast.

I know I said it before, but next time. Car should be "ready" by then.

Cant wait to catch up on Sunday! See yous all then...
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

Was a great day yesterday, but kinda disappointing that me and Steve were the only FTOs on the track, though it was good to see quite a few club members show their support as spectators.

Good clean fun and I even enjoyed the off I had caused by locking my brakes on the last time out. Still need to get all the rubber scraps and dirt out of my car though. :D
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

TheSentry wrote:Was a great day yesterday, but kinda disappointing that me and Steve were the only FTOs on the track, though it was good to see quite a few club members show their support as spectators.

Good clean fun and I even enjoyed the off I had caused by locking my brakes on the last time out. Still need to get all the rubber scraps and dirt out of my car though. :D
so happy you enjoyed yourself ... i to was disappointed that more people didn't come but it did mean we had a very open track and the only time there was traffic was when we had open sessions...

I hope your time with the driving instructor taught you a few things i know letting the current FWD national champ drive my car taught me heaps... (as well as his pointers whilst i was driving)...

oh yeah guys if you didn't already know at every UAS day there are fully trained instructors and professional drivers who come to lend a hand...

this time we had Ian luff Motorsport... oh no i'm going to get in trouble for forgetting names... ummm winner of the Konika V8 lights this year... and some other guy who i forget . ;)