Verifying km's

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Ad
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Verifying km's

Post by Ad »

I'm looking at an FTO this evening, it's a 94 GPX with 87000km's, being sold by first owner in oz who's owned the car for 18 months. There's no service history for the car from Japan, so is there anyway I can verify the km's??
HiRAEdd
Mechanic

Post by HiRAEdd »

Not that I know of. I just bought a Dec 94 GPX with 59,000 on the clock. The import papers from a year ago back this figure up.
It's _highly_ unlikely that it's a true indication of k's especially given what I know of the body work under the new paint job that's been done (nothing bad, just that work has been done).
Given it's excellent mechanical state though and from discussions with the bloke at Nihon on the Gold Coast, he reckons it's probably in the order of 80,000 - 90,000 on the clock.
smorison
The Godfather

Re: Verifying km's

Post by smorison »

Ad wrote:I'm looking at an FTO this evening, it's a 94 GPX with 87000km's, being sold by first owner in oz who's owned the car for 18 months. There's no service history for the car from Japan, so is there anyway I can verify the km's??
which car is it?? are they a member cause we may know the car...

you can't verify the km's on a FTO and always make sure a mechanical inspection is performed on the car
Ad
Apprentice

Post by Ad »

smorison wrote:which car is it?? are they a member cause we may know the car...

you can't verify the km's on a FTO and always make sure a mechanical inspection is performed on the car
the only info that I have at this stage is the owner's called Edwin & lives in Altona, Vic (car is on car sales, no rego listed)

I have to admit though that airbornespanner's car is looking more and more tempting... pity its in Sydney making viewing it a bit tricky from melbourne....

will be getting a stateroads inspection done on any car I get close to (already had one inspected that I walked away from as a result)
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Ad wrote: I have to admit though that airbornespanner's car is looking more and more tempting... pity its in Sydney making viewing it a bit tricky from melbourne....

will be getting a stateroads inspection done on any car I get close to (already had one inspected that I walked away from as a result)

as much as i'd hate to loose a car from sydney, geoff's car is very well kept and in great condition...