Dust in headlights

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

HiRAEdd
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Dust in headlights

Post by HiRAEdd »

Anyone got any suggestions how I could clean the inside of my headlights? One of them (somehow) has dust on the inside and it creates a shadow on the headlight beam and secondly, just makes it look like crap at night :)
smorison
The Godfather

Re: Dust in headlights

Post by smorison »

HiRAEdd wrote:Anyone got any suggestions how I could clean the inside of my headlights? One of them (somehow) has dust on the inside and it creates a shadow on the headlight beam and secondly, just makes it look like crap at night :)
take it off ..

put it in the oven (about 75 degrees) the sealant will melt .. you can then pull the clear front plastic off... give it a good clean... put both pieces back in the oven... wait for the glue to melt... put it back together..
HiRAEdd
Mechanic

Roast FTO Headlight

Post by HiRAEdd »

Should I splash a bit of olive oil and sprinkle some basil and thyme over it first? :lol:

How long approximately does it take to melt the glue to pull it apart and also to remelt it sufficiently to stick back together again?
veilside
Apprentice

Post by veilside »

Or if you don't wanna stick your lights in the oven, try this:

http://www.funky-fto.co.uk/mainlights.html

It was written for cleaning out condensation build up, but I don't imagine dust would be any harder to get out :)
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

if the ovens already hot ... 5 minutes then if its not ready check every minute..