Creation of Technical Working Group (TWG)

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ruchi
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Creation of Technical Working Group (TWG)

Post by ruchi »

smorison wrote:TECHNICAL WORKING GROUP: The Committee has decided to create a Technical Working Group. The groups charter is to organise for the club tehcnical documents, howto's, DIY ... as well as come up with modifications to the FTO, this could be as simple as a headlight upgrade or as complicated as a bolt on turbo kit.

Ruchi has been put into the position of acting head for the time being. Over the next month Ruchi will be forming a group of people to work with him and develop the charter and objectives of the TWG. After October's committee meeting when he presents his plan the groups membership will be finalised and as a group they will elect a leader.

If you are interested you should contact Ruchi, he is looking for people who have good general knowledge of autmotive theory as well as experience.
The creation of the Technical Working Group (TWG) is an exciting step for the FTO Club of Australia. It provides a way for the club to utilise the knowledge and skills of its members and turn this into valuable resources which we all can use.

Personally, I feel quite humbled that the club's committee thought of me for this role and in taking it on I hope I can bring to this position all that they expect :D.

The TWG will work on both practical and experimental projects. This will include correlating information so it's easier to find, producing guides to help you fix or improve things on your car, as well as looking at the developmental possibilities of the FTO.

People will be invited to join the TWG based on their knowledge and skills as well as their ability to share and participate within the club. We hope that the TWG will be truly representative of the membership base of the club and as part of this we hope to have members from as many states as possible.

We invite you to openly interact with the TWG, to raise questions and to share your knowledge or any concepts or ideas you may have.

Ruchi
(Andrew Young)
Technical Working Group Co-ordinator
Last edited by ruchi on Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

That is a big step, and an outstanding idea and direction for the club to be taking. I don't think that anyone is doubting that Ruchi is the one for the job either!

Good move all round. Can't wait to see what the results are over the next year or so.
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

im in for anything you guys wanna do in sydney
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

G_A_V wrote:im in for anything you guys wanna do in sydney
GAV: its a national working group.... if you want to be a part of it email Ruchi ;)

btw slacker where have you been?
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

ok cool ill email him now, what do you mean where have i been ? I only missed te track day cause iw as up in qld
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:wink: I know its off topic.... but....

GAV - where were you for Putty Road? You said you were in for that??
Cheers
Tanya :P
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

<puts on nazi hat>

<slaps his hand for taking it off topic>

<puts nazi hat back in cupboard>
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

How about that electric water pump?