FTO project car

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

MickyB
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO project car

Post by MickyB »

I've never owned an fto and I found 2 being sold together (ones a write off) and as some one who knows nothing about cars and i was planning to learn about cars with a project car is this something I should stay away from or not a bad deal It's 2500 AUD for both ive attached the only photos of the cars including the sellers description about what's wrong with them

Can anyone also give suggestions on where they buy modifications and parts, Thank you
Attachments
Yellow engine
Yellow engine
20201213_130048.jpg (105.83 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
Write off
Write off
20201213_130109.jpg (91.82 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
Yellow extiror
Yellow extiror
20201213_130129.jpg (84.84 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
Owner description
Owner description
20201213_130151.jpg (75.85 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
supern0va
Apprentice

Re: FTO project car

Post by supern0va »

Hi. Nice to read your post. so a couple things man, if you no nothing about cars and your learning from scratch, this purchase could go either two ways which is 1) you learn a sh*t ton about getting cars, ftos and go on a interesting journey or 2) you get bogged down in the details, cant fix stuff, dont make any progress and swear a lot.

it all depends on your attitude regarding above.

personally i dont think its wroth the asking price as its not currently running, and the condition of both look really bad. offer the guy half of what he is asking.

if your keen on learning, willing to put up with the trials and tribulations of fixing/modifying a car/fto then go for it man, i encourage you to give it a go.

regarding parts and where to buy stuff from, there are plenty of places, viamoto in uk handy for part numbers, fto aus facebook, ebay, gumtree you will work it out as you go - like i did.
1998 GPX White Manual
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

WTTC mate.

I started off with an FTO as my first car and learnt most things I know from working on it.

If you need any engine and drivetrain parts hit me up as I have a fair bit in stock like timing kits and gaskets etc.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
slippercream
Apprentice

Post by slippercream »

Man... that yellow one.
Is it a manual? :D

Coz THAT would be quite the barn find!!!
06 Eclipse GT 5/MT AWD | 09 Eclipse GT 6/MT FWD | 18 Eclipse Cross SEL CVT S-AWC
94 FTO COTY 4/AT FWD | 14 Evo X MR 6/DCT S-AWC | 15 Evo X FE 5/MT S-AWC

bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

If learning is your main objective, that looks like a whole lotta learning :lol: Just make sure your wallet can sustain your ambitions