Thread on catalytic converter and cut wire

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Drogen24
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Thread on catalytic converter and cut wire

Post by Drogen24 »

Hi all, first post so sorry if I've missed any etiquette. I've tried searching for my problem here and in Google but can't find a way to put it specifically enough to get the answer I'm looking for.

I've picked up a run down project FTO and my first fix will be a catalytic converter that was stolen off it. It was unbolted from the back and cut off at the front. The lambda sensor is still in the front exhaust section however I've had the replacement cat delivered today and there's a thread at the back of it and upon inspection, a wire hanging down next to the rear section of the exhaust that's been cut off. It goes up in to the floor so can't follow it without taking the carpet out.
Is there a second(ary) o2 sensor that should be situated at the back of the cat or is this thread and wire for something else, potentially even unrelated from each other?
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Re: Thread on catalytic converter and cut wire

Post by aza013 »

Been a bit of time since I looked under the FTO but from memory it’s a o2 sensor location.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Iirc, it might just be the warning light for an overheated cat. If it's not plugged in or bridged, it'll show up in a red icon on one of the circles, I think left side of the dash cluster.

http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.ph ... 1e#p205741
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Drogen24

Post by Drogen24 »

Perfect, that's exactly what it is. Damn expensive part, I'll see if a generic one will make it work.

Thanks!
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

I don't think it affects the ECU, depends how legit you want to fix it :lol: but I'm no mechanic