Clutch not engaging gears while car is on but when its off its fine

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

PurpleGPX
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Clutch not engaging gears while car is on but when its off its fine

Post by PurpleGPX »

So i had this problem after it came back from the mechanics to try and get it pink slipped and registered but long story short it drove home fine we had the little floods in march and unfortunatly i had to drive through a puddle to stop it from getting completely flooded in my yard, so i dont know if that had anything to do with it either, but after i parked it and when the floods ended and i went to move my car it wouldnt engange in gears when it was on but when it was turned off it goes into gears fine but if you try to turn on the car while having it in any gear even reverse and with your foot fully on the clutch like you normally would trying to start a manual in gear it would still try to jump like your foot isnt on the clutch and then i turned off the car and i had to like seriously try to rip it back into neutral out of the gear it got stuck in and you could hear his terrible noise i dont know what to do i can try take a video and ill post that too if it lets me
Bennoz
National President

Re: Clutch not engaging gears while car is on but when its off its fine

Post by Bennoz »

Sounds like it needs a fluid flush & bleed from the slave. If it doesn't fix it, replace the slave. Same unit as CE lancer, get it form any auto shop.
PurpleGPX

Re: Clutch not engaging gears while car is on but when its off its fine

Post by PurpleGPX »

Awesome cheers so much, its been a while, its just been sitting there needs a proper flushbof everything then but yeah sweet it did sound like the noise was coming from the slave cylinder when someone was trying to engage the clutch you could hear this little weird whirring noise coming from it if listened you stick your ear close enough lol but ill try doing that i just wanna see my baby back to her prime haha