Running Rich, Injector idle?

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Leedogs
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Running Rich, Injector idle?

Post by Leedogs »

Had my 95 Auto GPX in for replaced tappet adjustment screws, spark plugs, ignition leads, timing belt, water pump and a couple of ancient seals/gaskets. Was running A ok prior to work done and when I picked it up, she stalled multiple times when idling at lights, had a loud lifter tapping (it was present before but not as bad) and felt like it was running at 70% power at any given speed.

We ran diagnostics on it and what stuck out to me was Injectors were running at 33ms at idle. This sounds much higher than stock unless I'm very wrong? I've always had a fuel smell around this car but I figured that may be as a result of a hole in the intermediate pipe. A little lost at this stage, My peanut brain is telling me that it's just running way too rich but not sure where to start.

Any advice appreciated!
getonit
Grease Monkey

Re: Running Rich, Injector idle?

Post by getonit »

Why would you not take it back to the people who you paid to do a job and get them to sort it out properly.
Leedogs

Post by Leedogs »

getonit wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:47 am Why would you not take it back to the people who you paid to do a job and get them to sort it out properly.
That's where the car has been the last week or so. Took it back to them within 25 minutes of picking it up, Nice suggestion though
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

100% shove it up your mechanic's arse. It'll be something they touched.

Dart board says timing belt is a tooth (or more) out. Let's hope that tappet noise aint the valve kissing the piston.

Clear the error code (disconnect the battery) and see if it re-appears.
Leedogs

Post by Leedogs »

Funny that I'm back here now, Turned out to be dodgy spark plugs. I switched to Brisk "gapless" plugs and that is when all the issues began, went back to standard NGK and my FTO was back. Timing belt was A OK after a check and tapping has been significantly reduced although still worryingly active. Back to full power at least. Would love a more experienced set of eyes and ears to give her a look over and try source things a bit better.