Cut out while driving

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Leedogs
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Cut out while driving

Post by Leedogs »

Here's a weird one in my eyes. 1995 AT GPX

Drove her home from Newcastle to Sydney last night which meant cruising at 120 or so all the way down the Pacific. Came to Pennant Hills road which meant my first set of lights in over an hour, coasted for a while before braking and felt the front wheels buck, almost like they'd locked for a tenth of a second, tacho spazzed for that exact moment too.

Less than a minute later, tacho started going mental and I lost all throttle response, foot to the floor and nothing, engine still running, engine cut out as I slowed to a stop. Gave it about a minute then started it up just fine on the side of the road and drove off. Happened 4 or 5 more times before I got home, more often when coasting, stopped or at low speeds. All while being in normal auto mode. I seemed to momentarily avoid the problem by putting the car in neutral as I came to a stop, using tiptronic as well as keeping revs and speed up.

TLDR
Tacho going mental and losing throttle response while driving
Leads to engine cutting out
Starts after a minute or two

IFS?
Leedogs

Re: Cut out while driving

Post by Leedogs »

Update, Tried a drive to the shops ~15 mins, No stall but felt her 'bucking' under normal driving speed. Doing around 60 and it would cut out for about a tenth of a second causing the whole car to buck. Research tells me it could be gearbox sensors?
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Re: Cut out while driving

Post by Vectose »

Potentially the IFS (Ignition Failure Sensor) I sell a bypass cable if it ends up being that.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)