Overheating at Speed

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Leedogs
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Overheating at Speed

Post by Leedogs »

Hi all, Back again lol

Have a recurring overheating issue now that only happens when going 80+. Temp will build and sit around 3/4 of the way up the temp gauge if doing highway cruising, it will rise if she has to do any hard work up hills etc, but temp will fall to almost normal when car is stationary.

Have already replaced both Coolant temp sensors, neither of which seemed to help. Coolant flush similarly not assisting and radiator is relatively new, replaced in roughly September 2021.

I find that running the A/C drops temp to a manageable level, not quite percect but safe.

Also while I'm here, revs refuse to register on the tacho, even now with a IFS Bypass, probably a crispy wire somewhere down the track.

Any and all ideas welcome, Summer will not be fun lol
bjk
Totes

Re: Overheating at Speed

Post by bjk »

Hopefully it's not a dud radiator, but I had similar symptoms when mine was clogged years ago. Maybe replace thermostat and rad cap since they're fairly accessible/affordable. Possibly worth checking your fans are turning on? Though if it's still hot at hwy speeds when they're not really doing anything, likely not the culprit. Good luck!