Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Breza
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Tassie - 24/10/2004 - East Coast Drive

Post by Breza »

Hi All,

The local WRX club has organised a drive to the Elephant Pass Pancake Parlour on Sunday the 24/10/2004. (I'm making sure to stop off at the wineries along the way)

As I used to own a Subaru RS Turbo and still have friends within the club, I have arranged that any FTO owners are welcome to join in as well if they wish.

More details such as times and meeting places will be posted as they come to light.

I am also considering heading up to Swansea or Bicheno the day before and staying overnight so any expressions of interest and feedback are welcome.

Cheers

Chris
jez001
Apprentice

Post by jez001 »

Hey mate,
How many FTO's have you gathered up so far? Would this be open to other cars also,or just FTO's and subies?
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

How many FTO's have you gathered up so far?
The response to this post so far has been minimal so I guess not that many people in Tassie are interested. That's the reason why I decided to tag along with another club.
Would this be open to other cars also,or just FTO's and subies?
I'm sure other makes etc are welcome, just have to keep in mind that the WRX guys are organising the day and avoid any "Car A is better than Car B" arguments, apparently the WRX is the greatest car in the world. :-)

Cheers

Chris[/quote]
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Here's the final details for this weekends drive to St Helens.

The aim is to reach the Pancake Barn approximately 1.00 pm. It's a bit over three hours from Hobart to St. Marys. So we are meeting up with the WRX guys at Sorell at 9.30 - 9.45 am, just after the left hand turn into Sorell, and park in the 40kmh school zone. There's plenty of room there.

Anyone with UHF radios, Channel 21 will be utilised.

Please give a call on 0418 177 897 if you plan on coming along so I know to wait up and we can maybe arrange to meet up somewhere before hand.

Cheers

Chris
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Hi All,

Sorry, There has been a last minute change of plans. (not my doing, damn WRX owners)

Now the destination for the drive is Swansea (or maybe taking in Cranbrook for some wine as well)

Aiming to arrive at Swansea at 12:00 - 1:00pm

Southerners are still meeting at the same place, 40 kph school zone at Sorell, between 10.00-10.15 am.

If anyone has a UHF, we'll use Channel 21, otherwise if anyone gets lost call me on 0418 177 897.

Cheers

Chris
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Hi All................if anyone cares. :-P

Drive up to Swansea yesterday was good, ended up being 5 WRX's (1 STi), 1 FTO and 1 350Z (Track Edition). Fun was had by all.

Stopped off at "Left Bank" for Morning Tea and the "Swan Motor Inn" for lunch before venturing north to Springvale winery to sample a few nice drops and pick up a couple of bottles of grape juice. :-)

A bottle of Nulon Pro Strength Octane Booster ensured the FTO was on par with the big boys and surprisingly outhandled them on the twisty stuff.

Hopefully someone down here can join me on the next one. Looking at another trip to Lonford soon to christen a race prepped GT40 or something round the West Coast.

Cheers

Chris
Rumpleforeskin

Post by Rumpleforeskin »

Hi Breza
If your interested a couple of us go for the odd run from Hobart up the East coast sofar 3 FTO's, Evo6 WRX (my better halfs beast) and Mirage and who ever tag's along. Most of us are Teacher's so It is normally through the school holidays.