Partner Workshops for Each State

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ruchi
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Partner Workshops for Each State

Post by ruchi »

As we all know NSW has the benefit of access to UAS and their expert knowledge on the FTO, while in most other states we seem to struggle to find workshops that have the same level of knowledge and access to parts. :(

Although the club already has a list of some workshops that offer incentives to the clubs, what we are seeking is workshops that either have or are interested in gaining expert knowledge about the FTO and working closer with the club and the TWG. :idea:

Basically we want to find a UAS for each state. :wink:

Please submit any details for workshops you'd like us to consider, including any reasons or experiences to back this up. We are hoping to get a TWG member from as many states as we can, and as they come on board we'll get them to contact these workshops and work out which ones would be the best for us to work with.

Having a workshop in each state that is knowledgable about FTOs will greatly help the FTO community, so please put up your list of recommendations. :D
MIVEC is My Friend :D
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

i would like to submit Fast and furius in the ACT

they have done a engine swap on my car and the boss owns a VERY nicly modded GPvR

i have had good experances with them and though they do seem to be short of work space and time (there booked out !) i am sure they would help out a bit if we didnt get in there way to much!
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

In Qld

I would like to recomend Fulcrum at Moorooka for suspension.
They have done quite a bit of work on my car, Warick the R&D guy spent 1/2 a day drawing all the parts and using my car as a template for future work on all FTO`s.

For engine and performance mods - Subzero at Labradore (Gold Coast).
They are the workshop that is doing my turbo conversion at the moment.
They have built 2 9sec GTR`s and 1 9 sec Supra. They seem to know what they are talking about, but I will withold final judgement until I get my car finished. Like all workshops they quoted 3 weeks and it has now been 5 with at least another 2 to go.

Transmission - Beta Automatix at Kelvin Grove . They strengthened my tip box and stall converter before the turbo upgrade. They were the only tranny people in Brisbane that would undertake the job. I was quite happy with the outcome. Though it will be tested very soon.

Jeff
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

P.S. I forgot about general mechanical
I would have to recomend Joe & Ricks at Southport. Most of the Qld group have their FTO`s serviced there. The owner has an FTO, Yuchi the mechanic is from Japan has worked on a lot of FTO`s. They have a few half cuts for parts, they have all the belts in stock for the 100,000K, and they give members of the FTO club a 10% discount. Again a lttle slack on times given, but a good quality FTO worksop. Although have never had any performance mods done there.
Jeff
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

(im probably going to get flamed for this and told to do a search)

does anyone recommend a workshop for victoria? i've done a search but have found nothing in particular except for the tappets thread (SL Motorsport ). maybe could we have a sticky recommended work shop thread for each state? as in people start nominating workshop. but also make sure it dosent turn into a slaging fest.

can anyone recommend anyone in the northern suburbs of melbourne for victoria.

(ps, i seriously searched and couldnt find anything else :))
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Can recommend Autocraft in Hobart, they now have a copy of the full FTO parts database, workshop manuals etc etc :-)

Having some work done there that was unfortunately not picked up when taking the car to Joe and Riks on the Gold Coast..............which when fixed will enable me to register the car locally. (Yippee!)

Working on the FTO is not a problem for them as they look after a vast majority of local modded vehicles.

http://www.autocraft.au.com

Cheers

Chris
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

i know a couple of people have had work done by SL motorsport, i'd just like some feedback on them, if neseccary feel free to PM me as well. i guess questions are (some stupid i know). feel free to ad others as you see fit.
1. Honest
2. quote correctly (a $200 service dosent blow out to a $2000 overhaul)
3. on time (when they say 3 days, they MEAN 3 days! not 2 weeks!)
4. kinda guarantee their work( ie they check it or fix it, and if it breaks again, they are responsible for it. within reason of course)

its just they are a long way from me. and i dont want to be making trips there every so often. and i dont want to be without the car for too long unexpectedly..
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

efteoh wrote:i know a couple of people have had work done by SL motorsport, i'd just like some feedback on them, if neseccary feel free to PM me as well. i guess questions are (some stupid i know). feel free to ad others as you see fit.
1. Honest
2. quote correctly (a $200 service dosent blow out to a $2000 overhaul)
3. on time (when they say 3 days, they MEAN 3 days! not 2 weeks!)
4. kinda guarantee their work( ie they check it or fix it, and if it breaks again, they are responsible for it. within reason of course)

its just they are a long way from me. and i dont want to be making trips there every so often. and i dont want to be without the car for too long unexpectedly..

Well since i'm the one who intro them to this forum, i guess i better answer the question.

1. I knew them for more then 10yrs & the boss is very honest
2. Never rip anyone off
3. I have to say they usually takes longer then the quote, but at least i know its not a rush job.
4. Yes, if i'm not happy, they fix it without question. Or if they not happy with the work, they do it again.

& just for the record, no i didn't dyno any mod that they did for me & I CBF so stop asking :twisted:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

thanks FTO338, i just wanted to be realistic about the expectations, so now at least i can be prepared about the time issue. i wish they opened a branch up in the northern suburbs.:)

do they have a dyno there?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

efteoh wrote:thanks FTO338, i just wanted to be realistic about the expectations, so now at least i can be prepared about the time issue. i wish they opened a branch up in the northern suburbs.:)

do they have a dyno there?
Well he use to have a dyno, but he sold it to make way for the baker for the panel beater side of business, so he can be a all rounder join. He might put the dyno back later, but don't think anytime soon.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

well, the thing is, i have a suspicion that my timing belt is out by 1 or 2 teeth, and i wanted to see the effects on a dyno.

but im sure in that case he can probably see it when he does the tappets.

:)
lovemyfto
Apprentice

Post by lovemyfto »

Autoforce on Brisbanes southside is a good service depot. They import cars and do general maintenance for a good price. THey are very friendly and willing to offer advice.

I had 2 issues to ask about when my car was getting serviced and they pointed me in the right direction (ie problem and price) for both without pulling my car to pieces and making me wait for parts.

The service came with a free wash that I was unaware of until I picked up a nice clean car. The car run quietr and smother than it did before I had the service (to be expected I guess). Will be taking my car back for it's next service there also.

I was recomended this place by a mate who has a supra and the only place that was a good price for his headlight lamps in brisbane was this place.

www.autoforce.com.au

It's nice to know that some places take a little bit of pride in their service and are actually friendly. My name was remembered and she new what car I was brining in and what was to be done with it without having to look up the booking sheet. it's the little things I guess....
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

lovmyfto,

Did you purchase your car from Autoforce? and also getting it serviced there?

I purchased my FTO from Autoforce.................probably not the smartest move I ever made and I am still paying for it.................

IMHO, you cannot go past Rik and Joe's on the Gold Coast and it is more than well worth the visit to the Gold Coast for the service provided.

Cheers

Chris
lovemyfto
Apprentice

Post by lovemyfto »

No I didn't I bought privately... I saw an FTO there that they were selling and it was in poor condition. Hopefuly you didn't buy the blue one with bright blue leather. That one was pretty shoddy, but they said it was on sale on behalf of someone else.

I wouldn't buy a car from them as they seem a bit exxy on price... any bad experiences in servicing or have you just cracked it and gone elsewhere (that's probably what I would do if I was stung by anyone)
sd15
Apprentice

workshops

Post by sd15 »

L.A. Performance Pty Ltd

52 Downing St Oakleigh VIC 3166
ph: (03) 9563 0077
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Hey SD15 what do they do there at L.A Performance?