Problem: Only Mono, No Stereo

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mrStumpy
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Problem: Only Mono, No Stereo

Post by mrStumpy »

I am totally idiot when it comes to ICE.

The car I bought has:
- Pioneer MP3/CD player
- 10" subwoofer in box
- 800w Amplifier
- A pair 6x9" sony explodes 3way
- A pair 6" audio boss split speakers with tweeters

The problem is that the sound, even though it comes from both sides, only outputs the left sound (if that makes sense...).
I would expect that with the system I have I can listen to my music in stereo. When I asked the guy I bought it from, he told me I just have to rewire it. But the problem is that I have no idea :? .

Is this setup any good?

And also if I put on too much base my rear window vibrates like hell.
(the boot lid has soundproff stuff on it)

Cheers guys.
http://ftogpxfs.blogspot.com/
SilentBob
Mechanic

Re: Problem: Only Mono, No Stereo

Post by SilentBob »

mrStumpy wrote:I am totally idiot when it comes to ICE.

The car I bought has:
- Pioneer MP3/CD player
- 10" subwoofer in box
- 800w Amplifier
- A pair 6x9" sony explodes 3way
- A pair 6" audio boss split speakers with tweeters

The problem is that the sound, even though it comes from both sides, only outputs the left sound (if that makes sense...).
I would expect that with the system I have I can listen to my music in stereo. When I asked the guy I bought it from, he told me I just have to rewire it. But the problem is that I have no idea :? .

Is this setup any good?
as to wether its any good will probably come down to the quality of the amplifier...

as for your mono sound problem, it could be a couple of things, but most likely is just stupid wiring from head unit to amp...like used a single to double RCA cable or something rediculous

check that the RCA outs on the back of the head unit are running correctly to the RCA in's on the amplifier itself(assuming the amp is running the main speakers and not just the sub)

else, it could be something as hilariously funny as its only a 2 channel amp and the person wired it up to run 1 channel for the sub and the other channel for the speakers resulting in only 1 channel of sound not stereo

honestly, u are prolly best of just takin the head unit out, and checking what wires run where, then the solution will probably look obvious

SilentBob
mrStumpy
Grease Monkey

Post by mrStumpy »

Cheers bro,

Ill give it a go tomorrow
mrStumpy
Grease Monkey

Post by mrStumpy »

Im a lazy person, but I finally got my head together and checked it out.

My system is as following:

Amp: Weconic 4475 max 800w 4 channel (i think, 2front + 2back)
Sub: JBL "15
Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P3550MP (a/a)

My head unit has the RCA cables (red+black) going to the boot, then each cable split into 2. So basically left is sub, right is speakers.
My speakers are wired to the amp left front+back to LEFT FRONT INPUT and right front+back to RIGHT FRONT INPUT. My Amp is wired to BACK LEFT + RIGHT INPUT.
confusing? for me yes :wink:

Is there any differance in sound quality ets by wiring speakers up to the amp rather than the headunit?

How would I connect my sub to this 2 speaker system with splits.

And another confusing thing. When I tok of the door pannels to check out my front speakers + splits. There is this relay box located there. What the hell is that. It is not properly secured (only with double sided tape) and it rattles around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
And what is all this talk about bridging in order to increase sound output?

Cheers guys!
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

i got lost in yr post (maybe becuz it lunchtime :P ) but regarding whether its best to connect yr speakers to the amp or headunit, then the answer is connect yr front splits and sub to the amp and yr rear speakers to the head unit.
This will give u a well balanced setup. :)
mrStumpy
Grease Monkey

Post by mrStumpy »

thanks,

there is also a ground loop isolator on the RCA from the head unit. whats this?

What are the benefits and downfalls of connecting the headunit to AMP w/RCA and then AMP speakers+sub, as opposed to headunit to speakers +headunit to AMP, then AMP to sub??

CHeers
mrStumpy
Grease Monkey

thanks for the help

Post by mrStumpy »

Fixed Stereo problem!!!
:D