ACT - Spotted?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BuCkEt
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by BuCkEt »

You wouldn't have seen me 'cos I wasn't in my car :P

Spotted a silver GR with a spare tyre on (this is one I looked at when browsing for FTO's, it's been transformed into a learner car and has over 200k on the clock and its interior isn't very well taken care of),

And a red FTO driving through Woden, gave him a huge wave but he missed me. Might have been the guy who lives on my street.
ARG
Apprentice

Post by ARG »

i saw a fto the other day... look like mine really! black with no spoiler... only catch was it was a miss driving the car... i was staring at her car in ahh.. and she was sorta staring back... duhh! stupid fto drivers i guess :P anyone know who this is? she has nicer wheels then me too :?
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Yeah I'm actually suprised at the amount of females I see driving FTO's.

Where'd you see that black one??
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Spotted a stockie silver FTO waiting on Caswell Drive to turn onto Belconnen Way at about 5:45.

Gave him a wave and he just stared right at me.
Was an older gent, greyish hair.

I'm also fairly certain I spotted him heading in to Tuggers this morning too.
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

BuCkEt wrote: Gave him a wave and he just stared right at me.
It's a bit like that sometimes, eh? Canberra FTO ppl just don't care..
What can you do.

:wink:
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

GAH!!

I just saw a bright blue FTO with veilside kit and gold mags..........oooohh boy did it look nice!!

Was on the intersection of Drakeford and Erindale.

And again a little bit later, same spot.......a completely VS kitted silver FTO driven by a chick and a little girl in the passenger seat. We pulled up to the lights together and I got return smile from my wave.

She then pulled into Monash! Four FTO's in one suburb.
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

BuCkEt wrote: I just saw a bright blue FTO with veilside kit and gold mags..........oooohh boy did it look nice!!
That could be JC's car... he sold it a while ago... it's slightly dark blue, gold rims, and veilside, even the spoiler... did it have win exhausts? cos I think JC's car did have em... It's good to c some done up FTO's around eh?
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Spotted last night at midnight:

Silver FTO heading up Erindale drive towards the Fadden round-about.
Whoever it is they need to replace one of their non functioning left hand side tail lights.
Tim-YFT

Post by Tim-YFT »

I just saw a bright blue FTO with veilside kit and gold mags..........oooohh boy did it look nice!!
The car has an Apexi exhaust system, JC got rid of the twin I guess.

Got heaps of stuff to do to Jc's old car, getting rid of the tein suspension and going Bilstein (Tein spare parts for sale methinks), fixing up mag scrapes, interior stuff and respray same colour all by the end of this year hopefully.

Im having the water pump, cambelt and the tensioner replaced on thursday, so I'm a little nervous :(

Anyways, yah I spot quite a few FTO's, few silver, the black turbo one, red FTO in civic, but I've never pulled up next to one :()
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Wow, so your the new owner eh... welcome... So I take it your down south?

There is a black Turbo one in Canberra?
Where are you getting that work done?

Boris.
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Maybe the black turbo one is Robbs.

Maybe his car has been off the road so long because he's T'ing it!! :o

Heh, it's a very shmick car you've got Tim.....does it still have the nitrous kit in there?

Oh and Boris, I'm looking at getting my doors retrimmed - I've gotta take my car in and get a quote but if you and some of the others are interested I'll ask about a group discount.

Damnit, this calls for another cruise......!
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Hm, i'm pretty strapped for cash atm, so i'm thinking i might do it my self. I just need to be sure i'm using the right product (glue) on the fabric & doors.

If you are shopping for quotes can u please ask what glue they use? :D
Cos i really don't think it will be that hard, aslong the material is pretty stretchy...

hehehe. Robb has a silver GR... hehe... man... his car has been of the road forever. he has to put it higher in his priority list :lol:
Tim-YFT

Post by Tim-YFT »

Nah no nitrous, though I have thought about it. I might look at an EVO engine conversion later if I can find a good mechanic/tuner in Canberra to do it, but I think I'll have to go to Syd for that.

I don't know who owns the black turbo, but I see it now and then heading north on the Monaro hway. Jake did most of the work on it, though apparently he said he had to fix someone elses messups to make it all work and he said he'd never touch an FTO again because of that heh.

Anyways, prolly going to get my interior done by some guy up north as the guy at my work is getting his friends Caddy done there. I'm just going to get the doors retrimmed and have the passengers seat, roof + the rear seat retrimmed.
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

i havnt seen this one :/ seen every OTHER FTO in canberra... ill have to keep my eye out. the black FTO i see on the Manaro/ in Hume is definetly NA,got a better description?

any idea when/ how much you want for the Teins?
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Spotted this morning at the Glennlock Interchange:

Bright red FTO pre face lift with RalliArt sticks on the skirts.
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

reminds me, has anyone else een the lancer yelow lancer with mroe ralliart stickers then autobarn?
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Today i say a silver fto, fairly stock besides veilside front. and black custom number plates something like "Soroya" ?!? It's an auto... ethnic girl driving it, with one of those muslim head cover things. (sorry, don't know what they are called).

Saw around 9:30, near goodberries, north side...

Boris
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

dee her a lot parked outside a house in weetangera, its a4sp, pretty sstock, not interested in the club
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Spotted two days in a row now:

Silver FTO - custom exhaust and non standard plates saying SM - 666.

Parks next to the Ambulance station in Dickson, I left a flyer on their windshield....hopefully they'll join up.

Also saw that stock silver FTO that drives from Belconnen down the parkway into Tuggers every morning. Damn our cars look good from a distance. :lol:
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

BuCkEt wrote:Damn our cars look good from a distance. :lol:
It's just the silver ones :lol: :lol: