BOOT VIBRATION

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by khunjeng »

Guys - sound proofing material??? where from..I wanted to use it in the hood as there is not material in my hood...but plenty of spots to put it...any suggestions??
Deeps
Grease Monkey

Post by Deeps »

Im running 3 x 12" clarion subs with a Viper amp.
Got pics?
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

yeah i sold the setup to Barfy just recently.
But heres the link to the pics

http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... pic&t=5889
ahew
Grease Monkey

Post by ahew »

khunjeng - here's something that i wrote up for caraudioaustralia.com recently:

Just letting you know that I've been doing a bit of research on SD material and B-Quiet Ultimate and Expert 50sq.ft. rolls are $150USD and $190USD (respectively) delivered to Australia including insurance.

Just comparing prices -
Flashtac - Unsure!?! but I know it's cheap... What you pay for is what you get I think.
Soundoff - Unsure on pricing. Anybody know?
Bostik - $31.90 per m^2
Jaycar Brown Bread - $38.74 m^2
B-Quiet Ultimate - $41.30AUD per m^2
B-Quiet Expert - $52.32 per m^2
Jaycar Heavy Duty Brown Bread - $63.64 per m^2
G-Spot - $85.23 per m^2
Stinger Roadkill Expert - $89.70 per m^2
Dynamat Extreme - $92.39 per m^2
Jaycar SD (similar to Dynamat type) - $118.61 per m^2

Now... all those prices may/may not include shipping as some you can just get from your audio store so may be a little cheaper, but those are the rough pricing in bulk as well. Looking at all that I guess you can make your decision. Bostik doesn't look too bad but I'm not sure of the heat range of the material that they use.
cb
Grease Monkey

Post by cb »

you are a resourceful little fulla. So what difference would it make % wise roughly if you pay $35 sqm or $120 sqm?
ahew
Grease Monkey

Post by ahew »

well there is quite a bit of difference in terms of the weight of the product, meaning better sound deadening qualities, however Bostik is pretty cheap although it doesn't stick as well. Jaycar is a total rip off and I wouldn't touch it really... B-Quiet looks the goods in my opinion and is pretty close/better than the quality of Dynamat.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Make sure u get one that sticks properly. Last thing u want is yr boot to heat up and bits and pieces of that crap to be fulling off and smearing onto yr subs and carpet/trim.
Cant remember the name of the one i had but it took away 80%-90% of the rattles from the actual boot lid. The rear side quarter panels would also need to be done to remove all vibration.
jap80x
Apprentice

Post by jap80x »

sometimes, it mite be the wing on the back, so if you take it off and put like sponge under it, and also get cellastic and put it inside your boot where there are weld tacks,
jai
Lenny
Grease Monkey

Post by Lenny »

B-Quiet Ultimate looks alright.

Any idea where this is sourced from other than the net>>??
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

I predict i got close to 25-30 square metres of stinger roadkill on my car! Still vibrates!!!