BOOT VIBRATION

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

DVSJOHNNYB
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

BOOT VIBRATION

Post by DVSJOHNNYB »

Hey guyz, i read about stopping vibration inside the car using flashtac. Is it possible to use this in the boot? if not has anybody found a way of preventing it in the boot without paying big $'s for matting?? Is there anyone that can help??
THANX
JohnnyB...
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

any sound proofing products will help to stop your boot vibrating
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

the stuff (i forgot the name :? ) i used killed about 80% of the rattling from the boot lid and that is from just one layer. each layer will cost u around $50 for the boot lid. im gonna put a second layer soon.
with the boot, there are more panels than just the boot lid that vibrates u have subs pumping away. the rear and side panels also rattle but they are a headache to get to. Getting rid of the rattles from the boot lid is sufficient.
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

my biggest problem was the numberplate, it sounded liek the boot, but ended up beeing the number plate. but yeah there are lots of products to try, i would stay away from any "spray on " products though
DVSJOHNNYB
Apprentice

Post by DVSJOHNNYB »

Well today i went down to my local car audio shop and they heard my car and recommended i do both the boot and the roof, as the whole car basically vibrates and those are the major areas. They quoted me $300 for the boot and $600 for the roof(installed). Now i don't know about u guys but that is a bit more then i'm willing to pay(by about $700). If anyone has any success with a product could u please help me out. It would be helpful if u's could give me a name of a few products and where i can get them.
The stuff they used is called Dynamat anyone know anything about this?

PS: FTOluv is there any way u could find out the name of the stuff u used.
THANX
JohnnyB
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

i have heard good things about dynamat, but yeah it is very expensive
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

u in luck, i was at work today and couldnt think straight when i posted, but i now i remember. Its called bitcherman (i think thats how u spelt it) its the stuffed used on roads. $50 will get u enough for one layer for the boot lid but thats without labour costs. my friend did it for me but its not something that hard u cant do yrself.

As for sound deadening yr roof, i wouldnt do it, its just a waste of money. u get vibration from the roof but not that much rattle noises. Once u sound deadend the boot lid u'll see a big improvement.

btw, what subs do u have in yr boot?
DVSJOHNNYB
Apprentice

Post by DVSJOHNNYB »

Thanx FTOluv, i only have a sony 15" P5 in the boot at the moment. It's my amp that makes it rumble and thats an eclipse. I'm planning on getting 2 eclipse titanium comp. level subs and another monobloc. Maybe one by eclipse, crossfire, soundstream or JL.

BTW do u have any pics u could send me of your boot. i'm not quite sure what to do as i've never tried to restrict vibration only increase it.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

send me yr email address and i'll see if i can take a few shots.

Im running 3 x 12" clarion subs with a Viper amp.
DVSJOHNNYB
Apprentice

Post by DVSJOHNNYB »

That sounds pretty good FTOluv. My email addy is fob_2nv@hotmail.com.
Could also help me out by establishing the important steps.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

ive got about 25-30 square feet of sound deandening materical in the boot, and on the rear side panels, still there is a clight rattle, but heaps better than stock though.
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

would boot vibration effect an aftermarket fibreglass front bar thatz already got a bit of crack here and there?
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

depends on how much bass u got coming from yr boot :twisted:
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Hey im looking to get some sound deadening done. (Look under super sound system post for reason). Now i want to do every inch of my car. roof,boot lid,boot sides, boot floor, floor pan doors, firewall,etc. What is the cheapest stuff that works? I need bulk!!
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

Now i want to do every inch of my car. roof,boot lid,boot sides, boot floor, floor pan doors, firewall,etc.
um... why? so u can say u have... would that really reap the rewards?
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Half the fun of this car is it's rough nuts ride.

You can hear everything and feel it all too.....I wouldn't want it any other way! :D
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

SchumieFan wrote:
Now i want to do every inch of my car. roof,boot lid,boot sides, boot floor, floor pan doors, firewall,etc.
um... why? so u can say u have... would that really reap the rewards?
Because it is on its way to being an SPL and SQ competition car.and it rattles like a bitch.Hoping for 150DB next month. so sound deadner is well needed.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

fair enough... damn thats a fair amount of sound to be pumping out

hope your neighbours are friendly
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Damn staright, i've been in Mil's car and it was pumping about 138dB, i thought THAT was loud!!
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

i miss my system :(

Make sure u sound deaden yr entire boot area panels. That includes boot lid, rear bumper, rear side panels.
I assume that yr gonna use 2 different bass settings for SQ and SPL. For SQ make sure u have enough mid-bass and have yr front stage tuned well.