Brisbane Motorsport - Darlington Park

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Candellan
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Brisbane Motorsport - Darlington Park

Post by Candellan »

Hi all,

I'm a moderator of another forum (http://www.twincam.org) & we're organising a series of regular track days for next year at Darlington Park, located between Brisbane & the Gold Coast. We haven't organised any dates yet but want to create some interest in the idea.

I raced in the QR Saturday Sprints in 2003, unfortunatly it became a victim of it's own popularity with 150+ cars turning up to race in an afternoon & that's never going to work as people were getting turned away. Our aim is to try a more challenging track (Darlington Park) with less people (max 30 per session).

The cost for our first event was $165ea for about 100km of racing, instructors on hand & lunch included, but we're working on ways to bring that down. That may seem steep but compared to QR's $130 ($75 + $55 Clubman licence) for 30km, it's great value.

For more information on the track see - http://www.totaldriver.com.au/car-clubs.htm

To read the tread on our first event see - http://www.twincam.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8794

Cheers,

Candellan.
Candellan

Post by Candellan »

This thing is finally going to happen in February peoples.

We have a choice of 3 days in Feb - 12, 19 or 26 Feb 2005

$165 for a 1/2 day of racing on a very rewarding track.

If you are interested, sign up with twincam.org (free) & pick your preferred day -HERE.
Last edited by Candellan on Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

This sounds great.
After doing the sprints at QR, they are getting way too busy, so you spend the day waiting to do 3 sessions.
It would be great to see a few FTO`s there.
I checked out the twin cams site and by the sounds of the cars, I don`t think us FTO`s would be embaresed.
Lets get a few going.
Jeff
Candellan

Post by Candellan »

I think the FTO's & twincams would be a very even match on the track. Most twinkys are FWD, have around 80-120kw & are fairly light (900-1000kgs).

If you are interested, please join Twincam.org so I can keep track of who's coming.
Candellan

Post by Candellan »

This is on tomorrow if anyone who has a car running is interested :wink:
Candellan

Post by Candellan »

The next event at Darlington Park has been booked for 11 June 2005. Same deal as last time. $165 for the arvo session (11:00am - 5:00pm). Sign up with Twincam.org to register interest & I'll organise it from there.
Last edited by Candellan on Mon May 23, 2005 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candellan

Post by Candellan »

Jeff is coming along this month. Who else is interested? We'll have a quite a variety of makes including Toyota (Corollas), Nissan (Silvias), Mitsubishi (VR4), Peugeot (205s, 305s), Mazda (RX7, MX5), Honda (Type-R, Euro) & VW (Golf) so there's pleanty of competition for the Mivtec power.
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

Sorry Candellan,
But I probably wont make it again.
Check out the thread Danny & Jeff`s 6A13 conversion in the Performance forum for all the details.
The short of it is, I went to pick up my car on Sat, and when they started it there was the horrible noise of a piston hitting a valve.
If I can get another 6A13 replacement, I might make it.
But if it is a rebuid with forged internals, it means another 2 months in the workshop.
Jeff
Candellan

Post by Candellan »

DATE CHANGE!!

We got bumped to 11 June because the track has been double booked. The track owner died 2 weeks ago & their timetable has been upset by this.

Total Driver have apologized sincerely for the mistake & I hope you can all come along on the revised day.
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

C`mon Qlders,
I`ll be there on the 11/6 flying the flag for FTO drivers.
There must be a few other people interested. I`m sure its not booked up, so you can turn up on the day.
Sounds like a heap of fun and you can check out my monster beast.
Jeff
Candellan

Post by Candellan »

I hear your FTO made quite a deal of power on the Crossley dyno. Well done mate. I'm looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.

Plenty of places left folks.
shaohaok

Post by shaohaok »

that FTO is AWESOME!!!! too bad it didn't run that many laps, what happened to it?

i drive the big black corolla sportivo by the way, we had a chat before lunch during the scrutineering.
shaohaok

Post by shaohaok »

i sorta got 2 clips here.
enjoy the noise

outside footage - 5mb

inside footage - 50mb

done think i impressed anyone today! but boy, i had some fun!!
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

Over heating.
With the bonnet closed it only managed 3 laps before things started getting too hot.
I thought discression the better part of valour, and took it home before I cooked it.
Guess I`ll have to get bonnet scoops .
Jeff
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Thanks for that footage, it was really good. gets me even more keen to go to a track :lol:
Name: Boris
Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!
shaohaok

Post by shaohaok »

Jeff wrote:Over heating.
With the bonnet closed it only managed 3 laps before things started getting too hot.
I thought discression the better part of valour, and took it home before I cooked it.
Guess I`ll have to get bonnet scoops .
Jeff
ah ok. yeah we were sorta having that discussion about the paint on the bonnet too at one stage. lovely car, mate.

i was so close to getting an FTO!
Candellan

Post by Candellan »

It was great to see the FTO out there. Thanks for coming Jeff, even if it was for just a few laps. Get some cool air in there & come for another one when you're ready. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself a lot more when you don't have to worry about the thing overheating.