Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

AJ
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

NSW Christmas BBQ update!

Post by AJ »

Hi Everyone.

We have just found out today that Centennial Park is having a "No car day" next Sunday. This was meant to be the day of our Christmas BBQ so we have postponed it for one week. It will now take place same time, same place but on Sunday 5th December.

We are really sorry for the late notice but we have only just found out today. Please re register your interest to attend in the usual way.

Thanks everyone!

AJ
NSW Coordinator.

Confirmed.

Kazbah + husband and 2 kids
Mr+Mrs X
Last edited by AJ on Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

I posted this on the original thread but thought I'd post it here as well just in case -

With the change in date I can now come whippeeeee! I'll be bringing

1 x husband
2 x kids

Karen
Teh Ban Queen!
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

With the change in date I'm no longer able to come along. Having a horror run with my car atm any way, so if it was still on this weekend I probably would have needed a lift. :lol:

Most likely won't see u guys till sometime next year, so merry xmas and a happy new year. :)
[img]http://users.bigpond.net.au/sentry/sig.jpg[/img]
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Ah - posted on the ACT update!

Anyhow, we are in (again).

Like I said, it does clash with Autosalon. Would have liked to have gone on the Sunday but oh well. Next year.
Trish
Apprentice

Post by Trish »

Might have to count me out for this one... will let you know if any thing changes.

If I don't end up making it, I wish you all the very best for Christmas and the New Year - look forward to seeing you all soon!
Kat
Apprentice

Post by Kat »

I can't come anymore. Have to work that weekend/
O well maybe another time.

Kat
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Hey Kat, sorry to hear you can't make it. Make sure you come to the next one hey!

AJ.
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

I am still intending to come along. Will be either on my own or possibly with my dad. Will this still go ahead if its raining just so I know? thanks.
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

indyfto wrote:Will this still go ahead if its raining just so I know? thanks.
I guess we will see on the day. It's too far off to tell yet. If anyone wants to call me on the day to find out, my number is 0431 876 984.

Cheers,
AJ 8)
Luca
Grease Monkey

Doh

Post by Luca »

Sorry guys I can't make the new date :cry: .

have a blast, a great christmas, and I'll see you in the new year.

Luca
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Hi guys. We've decieded not to have the BBQ this year because not enough people are able to attend.

Really sorry for any inconvenience but we will try to have a New Year one sometime in January and hopefully more people will be able to attend.

Cheers,
AJ. 8)
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Was looking forward to that too :cry: .

Oh well, make sure that we catch up some time soon, AJ.

How is the go kart thing progressing too, while we are on the subject.
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

AJ, perhaps u guys might wanna put some thought into why people attend or don't attend cruises. Besides regular cruise attendees, not many others expressed an interest in coming to the BBQ and considering the number of people registered on the website it's kind of disappointing. Numbers would have been even worse given the date change, but like myself most people had probably already made plans for that day so that's fine.

How about running a little survey? For those that attend cruies, what do they like/dislike about them and what are their reasons for coming? For those who don't attend at all, what puts them off? Have they even given it any thought?

Just my thoughts, but I believe it may help in organising better cruises/events and help top up attendence.
[img]http://users.bigpond.net.au/sentry/sig.jpg[/img]
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

mrx wrote:Was looking forward to that too :cry: .

Oh well, make sure that we catch up some time soon, AJ.

How is the go kart thing progressing too, while we are on the subject.
Yeah, me too but you'll be able to make Autosalon now I guess.

I have emailed easterncreek karts (www.easterncreekkarts.com.au) twice and had no reply so have called today and they are emailing me some details. I'll start a new thread to see what sort of package people would like to do.
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

TheSentry wrote:AJ, perhaps u guys might wanna put some thought into why people attend or don't attend cruises. Besides regular cruise attendees, not many others expressed an interest in coming to the BBQ and considering the number of people registered on the website it's kind of disappointing. Numbers would have been even worse given the date change, but like myself most people had probably already made plans for that day so that's fine.

How about running a little survey? For those that attend cruies, what do they like/dislike about them and what are their reasons for coming? For those who don't attend at all, what puts them off? Have they even given it any thought?

Just my thoughts, but I believe it may help in organising better cruises/events and help top up attendence.
That is a really good point, and one that I have wondered about myself. All these members, and all these active members, but the same people only at each event.

For anyone who is reading this and does not come along, you REALLY SHOULD! Being part of this club and catching up with these guys is as good as owning the car itself (except for Kaveman, but don't tell him I said that :wink: ), which we all agree is a damn fine thing.

Myself and SilentBob come down from Newcastle basically every meeting, and will continue to do so. So for those of who who live in Sydney, no excuses!

But to get back on my topic, there has to be a reason why people are not attending. To be honest, I was concerned before the first cruise (which was to Malacoota) as you fear the worst about the people who turn up to "these kinds of things". But it was great, and is every time we get together.

So, I think some feedback would be good from non-attenders. It might be work related, or some other time related factor, but these has to be a reason why there are over 1500 members and so few cruise participants. What does the club need to offer to get more people actively involved?

Sorry for the long post, but it is something that I feel is important.

AJ (Steve etc), over to you guys.
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Good call MrX. I totaly agree with you. I have left flyers on loads of cars and spoken to a few FTO owners at the lights and car washes etc but never seen them again *AJ looks at himself* I'm not that scarey am I? Don't answer.

But Mallacoota was the first time I met the club too and I had a wicked time. Everyone gets on really well and has a good laugh. I bet there is a few of you who wish you had been on the Newcastle cruise! Come along and meet us at the next one, if you don't enjoy yourself then I'll buy you some donuts, mmmMMMM donuts *slobber* to make up for it.

Boys and girls are all welcome, so please come along and show of your car.

See you soon then! (And you never know when another Miss Newcastle will be waiting for us. Or Mr.Newcastle if you are that way inclinded.)
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

Hey guys

I can't say i'm too impressed to find the BBQ has been cancelled given I have driven down from Brisbane to make it. Luckily the bbq wasn't my only engagement in Sydney, although I could have booked less accomodation had I have known the likelihood of cancellation!

So you have no one at all meeting just for the sake of it regardless of having a "catered" lunch? Was obviously very keen on seeing some different FTOs to Brisbane but not now by the looks of it...

Do any of you cruise around Wollongong/Brighton Le Sands/The Rocks etc anytime before this Sun that I can tag along? Have only seen 3 FTOs here since last Sat and none were too modified...basically like Brisbane but I wanna see some modified FTOs that you lot down here must drive surely. Ah well let me know if anyone wants to meet up - anywhere round Sydney is ok given I've driven 1000kms already so another 50 - 100 is nothing!

Brad.
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

Sundays are no good for me... try Saturdays at least once in a while...
Disrespect is easy. Respect is the difficult road to take.