AMP Wiring Kit

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mxysxy
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

AMP Wiring Kit

Post by mxysxy »

I never had a amp & subwoofer before, and finally, one of my good friend donated me his amp & subwoofer to try for couple of months. Subwoofer is located in a sealed box and amp is screwed on to the side of the box. Have no idea about the quality of this setup. Its just for me to feel the sub in the car.

So, my question is that I need to buy a wiring kit for this setup, however, dont know what should I get. Had a look at the JBs on the wekend and kits cost about $25-50, if not $100 for the ultimate. Some of the cheap ones look the ones from the link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... eName=WDVW

I just need to wire a sub. No need for wiring from the amp to the front or back speakers.

Please reccommend a wiring kit/price/location.

Regards
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Unless you want to build a full competition sound system, that is when you should purchase a $100 wiring kit. That kit there is ok for what you need, but Id recommend you use an 8 Gauge power cable rather than 10 gauge. The average price for a 8 gauge wiring kit is about $25-50.
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Perhaps something like this then,
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... eName=WDVW

NEW!
8 gauge 600W Amplifier Installation Kit:
5.5mtr 8 gauge translucent red oxygen free power cable
inline Ni plated AGU fuse holder with 50 amp fuse.
0.5mtr 8 gauge translucent brown oxygen free power cable.
5m translucent blue right angle RCA with 6.0mm outer diameter with trigger wire
Split loom tube
Gold plated connectors & cable tie

For $24
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

That link is the same one you posted before! :P But that description you gave is ok for what you need. It would be cheaper if you went into a shop and buy it yourself, to save you the $10.50 on postage and hadling. :)
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

hahahhaha :P :P
Thats what happens when I try to manage 15 browser pages.
hahaha