Christmas catch up

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Would you still be interested in a bbq on the 19th December?

Yes
69%
No
31%
Depends on who's cooking
No votes

Total votes: 13

looii
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by looii »

Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This way i can meet ppl and catch up with naomi!! yay!!!

Hmss if u go rye, there like safeway n that there. Nice place to go!!!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Ok i did some research, & heres some attaction at Arthurs Seat

Arthurs Seat Cottage
Features wide range of quality Australian made gifts, T-Shirts, and more........hmmmmmmmm late christmas shopping anyone???

Arthurs Seat Chairlift 8O
Yes this is the one that injured many, so i guess we will give it a miss, unless you want to send someone "special" on it. :twisted:

Arthurs Seat Maze
Yes get lost in the Maze or do what ever you might think other won't be able to see what you actually doing in the Maze ahahahahaha

Arthurs Seat State Park
Yep this is where there's a BBQ, bushwalk & views.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Arthurs Seat seems to be the everyone's pick so that looks like our destination!! :D I'm sure we can find a supermarket on the way otherwise we can make a slight detour and do some food shopping :wink: I have to say though that i've never been there before though :oops: I'll have a bash at makin a map of the way there though if i get some spare time

Oh and before i forget, just to let everyone know this cruise is in no way endorsed by FTO Australia, it's just us people getting together of our own free will to enjoy some driving :D
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

yeah, we should call this FTOAustralia UNDERGROUND :lol:

im still working on a meeting point :)
StRaWberi
Apprentice

Post by StRaWberi »

just let me know the meeting point and time? preferably with melway ref..... i might get lost
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

ok ladies and gents, here are the details.

Date: Sunday, 19th of December

Meet at 11.30am for a 12pm sharp departure.

Meeting Venue: England Rd Reserve, Glen Waverley.
This is just off the Blackburn Rd exist of the Sth Eastern Freeway.

Destination: Lunch and Bowling (Destination will be advised at the meet)
If weather permits - Arthurs Seat.

Any questions, please PM me or call me on 0401 452 121.

And as mentioned before, this isnt a FTO Australia cruise, this is a cruise organised by FTO owners :wink: :D

- MiL
Last edited by FTOluv on Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Wicked thanks Mil!! :D

At this stage it looks like the weather is going to be kind to us but just in case, we can still catch up at the meeting point and then go bowling or something equally as fun!!

Thanks to everyone who helped set this up and i'll see you all sunday!!! :D
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

hey Ethan, thanks to yr persistance for cruising, yr the inspiration for this cruise. :wink: :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well there's a safeway at The Glen, but i doubt that we can all able to get a parking at The Glen, since its Xmas shopping time.

Can people actually turn up a little bit earlier, because if we factor in that we might spend 10mins from Reserve to The Glen, another 10-15mins for looking for parking, & another 1/2 hr to 45mins for shopping, so by the time we really heading to Arthurs Seat, it could be 12:15pm-12:45pm.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

I reckon instead of going to The Glen we should go to Port Philip Plaza which is in Rosebud and is only 10 minutes away from Arthurs Seat.
Becuz the route we will be taking will be along the coast leading us into Rosebud.
That cool Kevy :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I forgot to mention for the meeting point is Melway ref: Pg 70, K6
jester
Grease Monkey

hey

Post by jester »

HEY peeps!!
long time no post! ha!

But i have sad news.... I can feel alex's Pain!!!
First CRash eva...! damn 2 nites ago - MAN IM SO :evil: :cry: :cry:
Left hand side front headlight and guard - smashed!!
Now got the Hassel of getting quotes etc....

BTW this cruise is a mad idea - i just went to aruthrs seat 2 weekends ago
attacked the arthurs seat uphill- its really TWISTY.. cant go too hard... watch out guys- hairpin bend central ha!
GREAT PHOTO OPPS!!!!

But that whole are is mad for a bbq - wish i can come but for obvious reasons i cant!! damn..... :cry: :cry:
msbchi
Grease Monkey

Post by msbchi »

As usual I'm double booked but this time they can all take a flying f@*% as I have missed too many cruises. Also we have a hol house at Rye just in case the weather turns nasty. All welcome.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Oh shan that sucks!! :evil:

People need to be more careful around FTO's!!!!

You should still hitch a ride with me or another fellow FTO'er the more the merrier and that goes for all others attending!!! :wink:
msbchi
Grease Monkey

Post by msbchi »

Just a suggestion, if you havn't set the route for the cruise as yet, DON'T take the Penisula freeway. Firstly, cause it's boring and secondly I'm still paying off my last fine' as it is heavily patrolled by Mr, Plod. I personally love the Old Nepean H/way, from Mornington thru Mt. Martha to Safety Beach. The road has lots of the beloved twisties, like a mini Great ocean Road and ends up just below Aurthurs bum. Gotta be the best way down and no Highway patrol as they are too busy on the Freeway. Not that we have any intention of breaking the law in any way what-so-ever officer. It's just that I get this cramp in my right leg,
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

hey Shannon be sure to come down dude. Should be a great day :D

and yes Msbchi, we definately arent taking the penisula freeway as that would defeat the purpose of the cruise. The route u mentioned is the one that we will be taking. Thanks for bringing that up :wink: :D
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Just to get people opinions if there is crappy weather on the day (everyone knows how rowdy Melbourne weather can get :roll: ) where would u guys like to go?
It has been suggested to go for a group lunch and then bowling or movie.
Any other suggestions?
akumi
Mechanic

Post by akumi »

No idea!
EZCONSOLE & EZMODCHIPS - We repair, upgrade and buy off Xbox 360, Wii, NDS, PS2 and PS3. Pickup & delivery services available. Xbox, Wii and NDS repair and opening tools available. Reasonable offers for non-working xbox 360 and Wii. Contact me for all oth
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

PARTY AT MIL'S PLACE :twisted:

Nah seriously i think a few people mentioned bowling, and it sounds like a fun idea, unfortunately the weather looks like it's going to be against us so maybe we should organise an alternative!!!

i'll put my hands up for bowling, anyone else??
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Bowling for me too