Christmas catch up

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Would you still be interested in a bbq on the 19th December?

Yes
69%
No
31%
Depends on who's cooking
No votes

Total votes: 13

Slither
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Christmas catch up

Post by Slither »

Just a little poll to see if anyone would like to catch up for a bbq or something on the 19th as the cruise has been postponed! I'm open to suggestions for where, but somewhere we can enjoy a nice bbq lunch or dinner and enjoy the sun (fingers crossed) i was thinking! :D

Oh and i don't really care if it's just me and one or two other cars it would still be fun :lol:
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

yeah dude, im down for that. u wanna go down to rye if the weather is good?
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

I think we should consider either Rye or Torquay for a BBQ lunch. :)
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

It's a great idea Ethan. I would've loved to catch up with you and Mil and everybody else I haven't seen since Mallacoota.....

........unfortunately I just had the first accident in my FTO :evil: . No harm to me or anybody else, just rattled nerves and a not so fine looking FTO rear end. Gotta say, those FTO brakes are amazing though. Managed to stop in time to avoid hitting the car in front me. Pity the guy behind me wasn't driving an FTO :roll: .

I'll have to wait for the next cruise I guess :cry:
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

damn alex, that sucks!!

Hope it all gets fixed up quickly and without incident for ya, hey if you still want to come i can give ya lift!!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Dam alex, hope u get your car sorted our soon (unlike mine ehehehe), & looks like accident free FTO are harder & harder to fine now hehe. Anyway i believe the FTO front brake system is same as EVO III or IV.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Slither wrote:hey if you still want to come i can give ya lift!!
Thanks for the offer, but I'll be too depressed without my car :cry: . It's still roadworthy because the rear lights are intact, but it's very unsightly. If I don't take it to the panel beaters before Sunday, I might consider going to the bbq afterall - if it goes ahead.
FTO338 wrote:hope u get your car sorted our soon (unlike mine ehehehe)
What happened to your car Kev? Are you talking about the old dint that your car already had at Mallacoota?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

yep the same old dent :oops:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Well alex at this stage it's just you me and mil, although there is one more person who voted, perhaps they can let it be known who they are then we can decide on a location :D

cross your fingers for good weather!!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well well since when i become the mystery person 8O anyway i'll be there, i took a day off for the original cruize, so i'm soooooooo there Ethan.

Anyway Naomi said she going to come too, but we all know during weekend she be in bed 90% of the time before 12pm heehehe
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Cool Beans :lol:

Now where would we like to be enjoying this wonderful day, i think mil already suggested rye or torquay, any other suggestions??

i'm like you Kev i got the day off so anywhere is fine with me!! :D I don't mind organising a bbq somewhere if people want as well.

Oh and Kev, can you ask Mikey if he would like to join us please??
I realise he is quite the busy man now-a-days but would be good to catch up with him!!
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I am in.
I want to show off my new...
cold air intake :wink:
LED ALL the things.
NimZ
Apprentice

Post by NimZ »

Well alex at this stage it's just you me and mil, although there is one more person who voted, perhaps they can let it be known who they are then we can decide on a location
yeah sorry that was me. I'm up for a BBQ.

Anyway Naomi said she going to come too, but we all know during weekend she be in bed 90% of the time before 12pm heehehe

lol I can settle for anytime after 10.
:D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Slither wrote: Oh and Kev, can you ask Mikey if he would like to join us please??
I realise he is quite the busy man now-a-days but would be good to catch up with him!!
Yeah no prob bro, I ask mikey the other day, & his working on some "secret" project ahahahah I think his on drugs as he try to get his FTO to Ferrari speed ahhahaha well at least its red :D

I let you know how i go

Well quick note, whos going to buy food & drinks? And of course we going to share the cost usual, but we need someone that is free during wkdays & shopping hrs.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Well i don't mind buying the drinks and food, i was thinking we could stop off on the way to our destination and buy it, that way we can each chip in a little and then get something everyone will like, but otherwise i will just buy the food before we meet up that day and people can "donate" whatever they want, doesn't matter if it costs me a little i don't mind :D

Oh and as suggested to me by Kev, if you don't frequent these forums that often then you may want to PM me your email just so i can stay in contact with you about meeting points and times

On that note where we goin??? :? I figure we can decide a meeting point once we know where we are going, so anyone have a nice little spot in mind?? we will have to decide soon as it's only a week away now!!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well i don't mind either of the places that Mil had suggested, so what do the other think?

Also I think we should have a back up plan just incase the weather didn't turn out well, so we won't waste the day. Something like bowling, where we can do it as team of 2 or 3 (depends on the turn out).

Time for input people.................................. :D
NimZ
Apprentice

Post by NimZ »

There's a nice area on top of Arthurs Seat with BBQ facilities and lots of twisties (Ethan's banned from driving behind me though!!) if you all want to go up that way....or if any one can think of a park or something near one of the beaches up at Sorrento that would be nice too.

Bowling sounds good to me as a back up plan.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Yeah, as Ethan said we can always stop off at some safeway/coles to buy what we want.

Arthurs Seat sounds good. If theres twisties then im always down :D
Torquay is anotha option. Lets have a mini vote.

For the meeting point, if the destination is east then i suggest a eastern meeting point if its west then obviously a west meeting point.
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Arthurs seat sounds good :lol: :lol:
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well i think the Arthur Seat would be a better choice, because most member already went to Torquay last yr.

We just have to make sure theres a Safeway or Coles on the way.