Weird GPX Vent/Aircon Problem any ideas

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

gfreemantle
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Weird GPX Vent/Aircon Problem any ideas

Post by gfreemantle »

I have a Climet control unit installed and the Aircon/Vent fan on my FTO GPX will not work on the internitant speeds........... Yep Stange as it sounds it I increase the fan speed, shows it getting faster on the LCD display but does nothing. That is until you get to the top speed and then it clicks in and comes on full tilt. decrease the speed by one notch again and the fan dies again.

Happened about 6 months ago but fixed it's self. Now failed again. I have reset the ECU and internal Microprocessors by disconnecting the battery for 1/2 hour and no change. Al cheched the sensor hose is correctly attached which it is.

Any ideas anyone before I start digging.
Last edited by gfreemantle on Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
gfreemantle

Right I fixed it

Post by gfreemantle »

Right failing suggestions on here I set to work and prodly I now boast the fact that I located and fixed it my fault aircon problem myself. So chuffed to bits I thought I would share my newly gained wisdom so if anyone else suffers the same thing my experience may save them some time.

In the passenger footwell the back of the Air Cooler can be seen and going into this is a 4 pin connector with one a blank.

Take this out and the fan only comes on on the highest setting. Put it back in and it has the full range of speeds. The plug my connector goes into is slightly damaged so was not making contact all the time. (Prob caused buy a tall persons feet kicking it)

Did supprise me how it is in a kickable place I have to say so cant imagine it will be an uncommon fault and hope my experience may save someone else a repair bill.
Last edited by gfreemantle on Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
kni8ht
Apprentice

Post by kni8ht »

Good stuff gfreemantle, :D this might come in handy one day. thanks for info
HEX093
Apprentice

Post by HEX093 »

same with my car.. if a passenger gets excited and kicks the cord in the footwell, the fan only works on the highest setting.
GarryD
Grease Monkey

Fan speed

Post by GarryD »

As a New member I've just got the answer to a problem before I posted question When the little black car gets home I'll look at that connector twice now the fan has run at full speed and wouldn't turn of until ignition was turned of
:D