Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

WILL
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

So who went???

Post by WILL »

Right

who went to the MAS??

Overal it was good. There where several FTOs there which was nice.
However there was a sh*t load of S2000s!!!

Hey 02NV did you ask N1 about the c-west wings??? hehe
JagerMarty
Apprentice

Post by JagerMarty »

Yeah I went, first autosalon for me so had a good look around.
Saw 3 very nice FTO's, 2 had decks set up nearby so not as much access but that's ok.
The one that stood out the most was a red one that has had loads done to it, stereo, sub, red leather retrim, fully lit up dash, metal floor + pedals.
Took loads of photo's of that one - very inspiring.
The others were a beautiful blue one with body kit and than a silver one which had a white leather retrim and loads more.
Was a good show I thought, expensive, didn't like waiting 15 mins in line for tix, and some of the road-kill in there....
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yep, best show i been to to date... the general flavor of the cars this year seems to be the GT-look... lots of big racing rims with rings and bodykits and splitters etc... there were about 4-5 FTOs at the show, but mostly same mods (veilside kit, big wheels, big stereo, plush interior)...

i couldn't be bothered asking about the wings on the N1 stand coz i know they'll be stupidly expensive, but i certainly wouldn't mind one if i had the $$$. but i've decided on the 3D wing from the Jetspeed stand, just have to wait for carbonfibre versions to arrive in 1 or 2 months' time. should go well with my carbonfibre front splitters and muffler just nicely, LOL... :D

i took about 100 photos on Sat, so i'll try to make some time to post them up... my fav car would def. have to be the C-West 350Z, the C-West S15 Silvia and Petir gullwing-door'd Celica... and you gotta love the entire lineup of C-West kitted S2000 in front of the N1 stand!
YFT-08U
Apprentice

Post by YFT-08U »

Yeah I entered my Car.... Made the long drve to melbourne, split a CV boot and a mad gross smell came into the cabin.

I was on the MCCR stand near the DJ booth, I had my hood up showing off my Nitrous kit

Jc
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

Funny, i drove to sydney and split a CV boot too...

jono
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

8O yikes, remind me to stay away from NSW lol...
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

mike, how much are the carbon wings from jetspeed? do u have a pic of them?

yeh i went to MAS, i think i saw 4 fto's there... one on the exlusive stand, one with mccr, the red one with mad ICE system and neons... and the silver dzyreme ...
the fto at exclusive had blue undercar neons, dunno why the guy didnt have them on? coz i was with him when he installed one side of them (coz he borrowed my light lolz)...
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

thecook wrote:mike, how much are the carbon wings from jetspeed? do u have a pic of them?

yeh i went to MAS, i think i saw 4 fto's there... one on the exlusive stand, one with mccr, the red one with mad ICE system and neons... and the silver dzyreme ...
the fto at exclusive had blue undercar neons, dunno why the guy didnt have them on? coz i was with him when he installed one side of them (coz he borrowed my light lolz)...
the carbon wing that i was going for is $1000 alone, but they only had the fibreglass version available on their stand at the show... even the fibreglass version itself is about $850 unpainted + fitting, but it looks really awesome... i've got a pic of it, will try to upload the photos tonight after i finish my shift.
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

lol, yeh i've been thinking of getting a wing too. but dont have $800 bux to spend LOL....

just want one thats looks the ricest :)

btw, if i get a wing, does that mean they gonna have to drill holes, and seal up old holes as well?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yeah, it is highly unlikely that the mounting post will bolt onto the original boot mounting hole unless the posts are adjustable...

if it cannot fit onto the original hole, then there is a 'plug' that you can squeeze in to which will fill the gaps and stop water from leaking through...