can RCA effect the headunit??

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

thecook
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

can RCA effect the headunit??

Post by thecook »

i got a clarion headunit with 3 outpuits for rca and it also had auxilary, i got a 4 chan amp and a 2 chan amp..... i only used 2 rca cables (stinger and aerpro) and a pair of rca splitter (stinger)..... the aeropro rca cable was connected from headunit to the 4 chan amp... i used a old rca cable (doesnt say what brand it is) i had from my other system and used that for my auxilary... oh and also i ran my power cables and rca cables down the same side ..... and i had another pair of speakers that were hooked up directly to the headunit...i had no problems with that setup.....

but now i changed my 4 chan amp to another amp, and i found an old rca cable (dont know what brand, but its pretty much the same as the one i use for auxilary), so i hooked up that rca to my headunit and new 4 chan amp..... and now i can hear engine whining noises, and when i take fast corners or suddenly floor it, the music dissappear, as if the headunit went into mute.... usually if i just unplugged the amps, the speakers that were hooked directly to the headunit (not the ampps) would still work... but not even those speakers have sound coming out....

does any one know the problem?? lol :oops:
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Try running your Power cable and RCA cables on opposite sides of the car. Some Amps are more prone to engine noise than others.
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

yeh thats probably why, i had a sony 4 chan amp, and no probs with that... but now i changed to a boss amp... so thats probably why, it already stuffed up before and i had to take it bak to get fixed... and the noise seems to only come from the speaker and sub that are being powered by that amp...

but does anyone know why my HU keeps muting everytime i take corners a bit hard... i change the tracks and change the modes, but the soind doesnt come back, it only comes back on if i turn the headunit off/on....
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

i just moved my rca cables to the other side of the car now, a lot of the engine sound has gone now..... only a little bit of a humming sound still remains :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

thecook wrote: but does anyone know why my HU keeps muting everytime i take corners a bit hard... i change the tracks and change the modes, but the soind doesnt come back, it only comes back on if i turn the headunit off/on....
Kirb, it sounds like your head unit is faulty, did you brought it second hand?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

nah, i brought it brand new.... :?
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

Alternator wine is usually 99% of the time from
*unsheilded rcas (cheapys)
*Power wires and rcas beeing to close
*Incorrect grounding

Check all of the above and you should rid your self of the noise
btw I have a boss amp and have had no trouble with noise (until i installed a computer, which was fixed with a usb soundcard)
MrThanh

Post by MrThanh »

its best to run the power cable down the same side that your fuse box & battery is in the engine bay. you could also reduce the gain on the head unit, which does eliminate some interference.
Ther
Grease Monkey

Post by Ther »

I agree with G_A_V, i think it could be a grounding issue...