Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shivan
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Test and Tune Sessions

Post by Shivan »

Hi All,

I'm taking the car out to Willowbank this saturday to give it a run in the Test and Tune, gates open about 3:30 i think, check out

http://www.willowbank-raceway.com.au/

Always wanted to see what she would run at, so have my helmet, jeans, long sleeved shirt, and shoes, i'm good to go, nervous but willing, anyone else game i'll see you there, its about $16 to watch, $36 to participate.
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Been out there twice and it's good fun but scary hehe. I may come out for a look. FTO SUPPORT VEHICLE
Shivan
Apprentice

Post by Shivan »

That would be cool, need al lthe support i can get so that i don't do a runner..... :D , gate sopen at 4pm, runs start at 4:30
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

Don`t be scared, its great fun.
Read the info package on the website about what to expect.
Also always go on the second last yellow. Last time I was there I was beating a hotted up supra only because he was waiting for the green and I was 2 to 3 car lengths ahead at the start.
Hopefully I should be getting my car back from the workshop soon, so I will be a regular at the test & tunes.
I prefer the Wed nights, a little less people.
Jeff
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

I am guessing you mean second last light which would be the last yellow. The few times I have been down the strip I have always gone on the last yellow and my reaction times have been very close to getting a red light. Maybe just my stamping on the throttle speed though haha.
Shivan
Apprentice

Post by Shivan »

Well i got in 6 runs, 2 in auto, 4 in tip and the worst time was 16.45, the best 16.1, so not to upset, but not over the moon either, especially, if the next upgrade options are Engine Management ($2k+) and Cams Upgrades

Seriously considering saving the cash and buying something that will do a low 13 just so i can compete, all the opposition i had on the weekend were V8 SS utes and sedans and i can't beat an V8 with a 16 second 1/4
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

You can if they can't get traction hehe, I raced my mate in a v8 commodore ute at willow bank and he beat me by a tenth of a second. my best time was 16.001