Group Buy Leather (look alike) Seats (Finished)

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Boris
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Boris »

By the seams you mean the edges? :?

With the edges, I think you definatly have to use wire in all the bits that have that loop made out of material!

What I did was cut that loop into smaller sections at each corner and insert wire... You will also need to do that for the back seats. Cut the loop material that is on the edge at each corner, and have wire running through that loops

That way the cable ties don't tear the fabric.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

hey gav, do you know how much it costs to get 3 packages sent to perth?

I will distribute the packages to ellusion and ftoboi.

Thank you
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

I need the delivery address for these guys:
D_stroy_r
HEK-71Q
ellusion

BTW my email is back
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

GAV, HEK-TIQ already picked up his.. and he already paid me...
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

GAV,
I just sent $50 to your account via internet banking
HEK-71Q
Grease Monkey

Post by HEK-71Q »

hey GAV sorry for the late reply but yeah i sorted things out with adriano already thanx mate
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

how the hell do you remove the extra knobs on the drivers side seat, which control the height of the seat ? im in the middle of doing this, and i cant work it out
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

G_A_V wrote:how the hell do you remove the extra knobs on the drivers side seat, which control the height of the seat ? im in the middle of doing this, and i cant work it out
8O
I didn't remove them... i just took the seat out of the car... 4 bolts... and then I took the bottom of the seat off... Another 4 bolts... :?
HEK-71Q
Grease Monkey

Post by HEK-71Q »

ive done my drivers side and it looks pretty good....and then maybe the rest on the weekdays... then ill take piccies!! :D
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

yeah i ended up notremoving it, done both seats now, i re did the original one i did, and it looks a lot better. ill post some pics later today.
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

Ok i got everyones address, and details marked out. Just waiting for the aiditional payment from
a_palozzo
ellusion
D_stroy_r

I will organise postage of those who have paid today, so those who want theirs together please email me
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Does anyone know what adhesive or glue to use on the door trim?

I'm pretty happy with the seats, they are nice, my 2 only slight concerns are that they are not as durable as the stock ones, like as in i can't have dogs sitting on em, and second they do get a little bit hot... especially in direct sunlight... but that's all alright by me...

They look good! :wink:
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

G_A_V wrote:Ok i got everyones address, and details marked out. Just waiting for the aiditional payment from
a_palozzo
ellusion
D_stroy_r

I will organise postage of those who have paid today, so those who want theirs together please email me
Lol sorry for taking so long.. I kinda got bored of this thread for a bit :p I've been real busy, really, and didn't get much time to come onto the forums, just been checking emails and pm's really... and just notcied we had to pay extra..

Anyhoo, made the payment of $40 with the extra $10 for extra matiera (I hope it's white :) )

Receipt Number: N096594231501

Anyways.. I'm glad I checked this thread again, because lots and lots has happened...

Borris: FUKEN AMAZING!!! I've notcied most of your work on your car, is just flat out great! I'm downloading the zip now.

Thankfully, my grandparents, just came from overseas, and my grandma, is really really good with this type of stuff, so I'm going to get her to help me out..

Can't wait to get the set, once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH! You've been really fast and so helpfull, it's a credit to the forum, that at least some people are here to help us out. (*cough* smorrison!!!!!!)
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

here is some pics of my job, i was going to take some lastn ight as im making it, but i was in a big rush to go out when i finished, and thought we could just use boris pics to make a guide
anyways here is the finished product
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

btw havent installed seatbelt guides yet
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Looks Good Gav. Youc could of probably made it fit better. But I know you aren't gonna go all the way back! I know I wouldn't :roll:

The guides are easy:

Step 1:
Feel around for the large square hole that the hook goes in. Make a hole.

Step 2:
Put in the hook into the hole, and put on the guide. Make sure you give it a forcefull push towards the middle of the seat.

Step 3:
Put in the screw and with putting some pressure on to it, start doing it up. This will work because of the design of the screw, which will automatically make a hole for itself.

If it doesn't then the guide is not on properly, and you will have to re-do step 2.

:wink:
Last edited by Boris on Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

*tip* for those who accedently removed one of the metal guides beneath the foam (i did one)
put a tiny hole in the foam toping through the the closest metal support and use one or more cable ties going from the cover through the foam to the metal guide
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

G_A_V wrote:*tip* for those who accedently removed one of the metal guides beneath the foam (i did one)
put a tiny hole in the foam toping through the the closest metal support and use one or more cable ties going from the cover through the foam to the metal guide
hehehe... I took pictures... of that incase anybody asked... but never put em up. Here is one. By doing this, it actually gives you a heaps tighter fit!

:wink:
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

Btw guys,

Does any one know how to maintain this material?

Like is there any thing you can use to maintain the condition of the material?

If you know of any thing please let me know.

Also, I think it's great that people are sharing ideas and what to do as I for one don't really know how to go about fitting these covers on.
Will find out soon I guess.

Just waiting to get some stitching done on the covers before putting them on...Will show you when I'm done.
:lol:
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

fto12345 wrote: Just waiting to get some stitching done on the covers before putting them on...Will show you when I'm done.
:lol:
stitching? did you have to make extra stitching on yours fto12345?
or did u have embroidery on it?