panasonic head unit install :-D

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

HEX093
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

panasonic head unit install :-D

Post by HEX093 »

hey I just bought a panasonic CQ-DFX972N.. I currently have kenwood 6X9's in the back.. and a JVC head unit that I broke the face plate on.. am I going to be able to unplug the jvc one then plug in the panasonic one, and have everything work fine??
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Its a one word answer. NO!!

You will need to rewire the head unit, becuase every manufacturer of head units has a different wiring loom.
HEX093
Apprentice

Post by HEX093 »

damn.

:-P
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

Its not too difficult, most manufactures (except standard parts) will have labels on each wire.
so its a matter of matching each wire with the correct one on the new loom, If you wanna get picky you can solder your new loom wire to the old loom, which makes sure there is a good link and minimises resintance.
The main wires you will need to match up
+12V (usually Red or yellow and has a fuse on it rated 3A)
Ground (Usually black, sometimes contains multiple black wires)
Accessory (Usually Yellow or Red)
Amp Trigger (if applicable, can trigger electric arial too, usually Pink or Blue)
you can check these wires with a multimeter they should read
+12v
0v
0v when no key i nthe ignition, 12v (i think) when accessory is on
6-12v only when the head unit is on.

obviusly then you need to do the positive and negative for all the speakers, I might be wrong, but im 99% sure it doesnt matter if you mix up the positive or negative
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Also grab the Wiring diagram off the net for the FTO stock deck as this easily describes which wire is which.
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

G_A_V wrote: obviusly then you need to do the positive and negative for all the speakers, I might be wrong, but im 99% sure it doesnt matter if you mix up the positive or negative
True and not true, the speaker will still work but if you have two speakers and each wired out of phase with the other the sound will suffer. Best to match them up properly.
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

I would of thought the difference in phase would be un noticable to the human ears. your proberbly right though
HEX093
Apprentice

Post by HEX093 »

Stereo is in!

I very nice guy (cute too) named Vince who works at XTC motors in Northcote came over and did it.. hes a friend of a friend but I recommend him DEFINITELY. He did a really thorough job, he took care of everything, and he knew exactly what he was doing.

He has an Alfa with a twin turbo too.. pretty sweet..