Leather seats query

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

tv2408
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

seat

Post by tv2408 »

juzt wondering how many pplz would like to get the FTO logo embroide on their seats??? i called a place in bankstown and i have a rough quote on the whole process... 1st get the logo digitised and convert into stitching format would cost about $85- $100 (setup fee). Then about $10- $15 per seat and it would take about 2-3 days to finish if we all get it embroide at the same time...anyone interested????if we can get 10 pplz then we'll split the setup fee about $10 pp and $30 for the 2 seats, total about $40 for the whole thing. I'll negotiate to get a group discount but not so sure at this stage...this is juzt a rough estimate.. :)
TW
Apprentice

Post by TW »

i am interested but i live in Darwin.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

mxysxy wrote: Here is what I think we should do. I will give my contact a go for shipment at the beginning of July, and it arrives just after the 20th July, when I would have been back to Melbourne.
Yeaaaaahhhhhhhh is 20th July, so we should have some good news soon heeheheh :D
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Hi All,

I am back to Melbourne.

Had a fantastic holiday in Turkey. The history, scenery, sun, colour of the sea, friendliness of the locals, girls… just immaculate.

With out a doubt, this was one of the best holidays of my life.

I recommend everybody to see Turkey.

Back to the seat covers. They have been shipped successfully from Manila. As far as I know, they haven’t arrived to Melbourne. Should be just about to though.

I will check out the exact timeline today, and will let you all know.

Regards
alku83
Grease Monkey

Re: seat

Post by alku83 »

tv2408 wrote:juzt wondering how many pplz would like to get the FTO logo embroide on their seats???
I'd be interested in this.
tv2408
Apprentice

seats

Post by tv2408 »

ok 2 interested ane1 else??

hey max so when the seats gonna arrive????juzt want to know like everyone in here :lol:
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

So long as I have them for Autosalon in August (13th & 14th from memory), I'll be quite happy.
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

I had a chat with the shipment company, they said the cargo will arrive to Melbourne at the 25th of July. So just a few days away.

Now, they asked me if I have a customs’ broker to clear the customs. I said “NOâ€
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

i'd say the quickest and fastest way to do it is get a broker from the shipping company to do it. Im sure if we chipped in a little it wouldnt cost to much to have them do it for us.

Just my 50cent
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

its funny i forgot all about this!!!! You could have taken my money and i wouldnt have chased you :)

Cool its been so long the excitement has gone from me! Anyway good to see the covers are close. Anyone know how big the package is??? Compare it to something. Also is a city pick up available??? How much would it be to deliver in Melb CBD and another point in the CBD?? Lazy but damn im busy!
tv2408
Apprentice

seat

Post by tv2408 »

ok today is the 27th i hope theres good news pn seats max..??? :wink: everyone been waiting for it for a long time...btw im not pushing you anything but some update please :roll:
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Good news guys,
Seat covers have arrived to Melbourne.
I have been in touch with the cargo company almost every day since I come back from the holiday.

Here is the latest news;
- Seat covers have arrived to Melbourne; however, they are still at the port, waiting to be cleared of customs and GST.
- I have been talking with the responsible person from the cargo company on what to do next.
- I found a broker who will clear the customs and transport the entire seat covers to my house. He is saying that the cost for this should be around $200. Now considering you guys already paid $150 for renting a truck to get this items from the port to my house, we saved that money and, I will basically transfer this money to the broker, and pay another around $50.
- There is only one thing we are missing at the moment, and that is the receipt from the Seat Cover Company in Manila. I need this receipt to clear the customs. The receipt has to show the description and $$$.
- I have been hassling the contact in Manila to fax me this receipt. She is working on it.
- As soon as, I got the copy of the receipt, I will fax it to the broker, and Walla.
- Next thing, I will start sending the seat covers to your address guys.

Hope, everybody is happy.

Regards
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Good stuff Max, outstanding effort. :D
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

wooohooo cant wait
Teh Ban Queen!
Twolitre

Post by Twolitre »

Ditto, can't wait.

But then the hard work starts - putting the bloody things on.

Boris has set the benchmark I reckon - mongrel!

Max, I need to chat with you sometime (- I'm off to Turkey in September - couple of weeks in west/central Turkey in a rental) - I'll PM you sometime later.

Cheers,

John (Doc)
pagan
Grease Monkey

Post by pagan »

bloody brilliant job max 8)

i can't wait, too hyped up, want to see how these will go with my current interior paint job. once there in though... whalla my interior will be pretty much how i wanted it when i got the car.

is the offer to pick them up still a go for those of us in melb... save you the hassle i guess, doesn't really matter though, you got my postal addy so not a big deal.
I'm a sinner, yet forgive me nothing. I'm a heathen, but forever free.

The band yours-truly plays in
www.geocities.com/elysiumsshadow
Dark Fantasy Metal - Demo out soon!
tv2408
Apprentice

seat

Post by tv2408 »

nice job max

i think now is the good time to tell us how much we still owe you plus delivery so we can pay, so when you get the seat all you have to do is send, no hassle off chasing ppl up. u know what i mean??? :wink:
astroboi
Apprentice

car seats

Post by astroboi »

woohoo!

the car seats are finally here! great job max! so, how much isit per person now for the postage...? if u send us your bank details again, i am sure we can get that underway while we arrange for postage...

Thanks..
Imperial
Apprentice

Post by Imperial »

Am i to late to get in on this? Sorry boys
OC
Grease Monkey

Post by OC »

Imperial wrote:Am i to late to get in on this? Sorry boys
Yeah but dont feel too bad, I missed out to :cry:

I'm going to suggest the idea of another group buy of these around Christmas. Would you still be interested then?