Leather seats query

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mxysxy
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mxysxy »

Hey Adriano,
Can you please post the latest list.
I need the numbers to get the quote for shipment.
Looking good guys, we might have a chance to organise cheap shipment & quality check here.
[img]http://www.smyrnaie.com/SeatCovers/FTO/ftobanner.jpg[/img]
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

darn it, i completely forgot.. i cleaned up my work comp and the list is actually at home 8O will post it tonight instead...
sorry bout that.
wild_flower
Grease Monkey

Post by wild_flower »

YAY!!!!

*HUGE round of applause for everyone's efforts!!!*

:D many hands does make light work
The Wild Flower from the west...
wild_flower
Grease Monkey

Post by wild_flower »

!!! LASTEST AND GREATEST NEWS !!!!

:D I'VE FOUND A DEPENDABLE PERSON HEADING TO FILOLAND AT THE END OF APRIL....

and he is happy to do it for us, and for his efforts to get $50 a set.
his is going with other ppl so together they should beable to bring back roughly 20sets.

*abbie gives herself and darren a little cheer*
so with got about 3 weeks to arrange all the orders, details and payments.
can anyone help?
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Great news Wild_flower, if I can help in any way just let me know, I'm from Sydney west also
Teh Ban Queen!
wild_flower
Grease Monkey

Post by wild_flower »

okies i've just looked at the 1st group buy and from Adriano's posts i've taken out afew figures so that we can roughly work out the cost of this group buy... :arrow:

taking 20 sets as the purchace volumn,
20sets x 5kg = 100kg
half will be taken as normal luggage and half as excess so thats 50kg
the rates for excess are $20us / 0.75 (exchange rate) = $26.70 per kg
50kg x $26.70 =1335
1335 / 20sets =66.75
TOTAL COST IS $66.75 + $120(cost of covers) + 50 (for friend's efforts)
= $236.75 8)
which is about $15 more than the first buy, but still good. any error in the calculations please notify me =)

kazbah wrote:Great news Wild_flower, if I can help in any way just let me know, I'm from Sydney west also
thanx Kazbah,
would u mind being the contact point for those interested, so they can leave there orders and make changes with u? in this topic there is about 30'ish ppl wanting a set. but we'll onli be geting about 20.

to kazbah and ppl interested, first in, first served basis.

so K, please make sure the list is in order of those who replied first, so they dont miss out. :wink:
cheers ppl
Last edited by wild_flower on Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunraider
Grease Monkey

Post by sunraider »

Ok so from what we've established so far, we are looking at the following stats:
5kg per set
Colours: Black; Purple; Blue; Light-blue; Brown; Dark Green; Cream; White; Red (fabric only)

Here's the list of orders from this thread so far (Does not include people who've dropped out. Does include everyone else so far who have responded to this thread only):

Seat Cover Orders to Aus:
Luca
hnm738
NorthQLDFTO
papaya
paladin
bexie
Gracie
fto12345
kazbah
Ther
TW
alku83
Jase
pagan
umm
dannyboyau
sunraider
tv2408
fto617
thecook
CraigNZ
Breza
DVSJHONNYB
TimmyD
Twolitre
ftosteven
wild_flower
mrx
shue
astroboi

Seat Cover Orders International:
matty_g

Extra Material Orders only:
d_stroy_r
mxysxy
scarecrow
Last edited by sunraider on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

wild_flower wrote:okies i've just looked at the 1st group buy and from Adriano's posts i've taken out afew figures so that we can roughly work out the cost of this group buy... :arrow:

taking 20 sets as the purchace volumn,
20sets x 5kg = 100kg
half will be taken as normal luggage and half as excess so thats 50kg
the rates for excess are $20us / 0.75 (exchange rate) = $26.70 per kg
50kg x $26.70 =1335
1335 / 20sets =66.75
TOTAL COST IS $66.75 + $120(cost of covers) + 50 (for friend's efforts)
= $236.75 8)
which is about $15 more than the first buy, but still good. any error in the calculations please notify me =)

kazbah wrote:Great news Wild_flower, if I can help in any way just let me know, I'm from Sydney west also
thanx Kazbah,
would u mind being the contact point for those interested, so they can leave there orders and make changes with u? in this topic there is about 30'ish ppl wanting a set. but we'll onli be geting about 20.

to kazbah and ppl interested, first in, first served basis.

so K, please make sure the list is in order of those who replied first, so they dont miss out. :wink:
cheers ppl
Dont mind at all. How do you think this will work? First 20 to PM me are the ones that get them?? Or do we wait to see what mxysxy comes up with first?? Either way is ok with me..
Teh Ban Queen!
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

y cant you just get them all, it still ends up the same amount for shipping? 8O
sunraider
Grease Monkey

Post by sunraider »

umm i dont think thats a fair way to go, considering that a lot of people have been waiting for this group buy for so long. How do we even know if the seats will be made on time before your friends get back?

I think the fairest and most convenient way of doing this for everyone who has expressed interest would to just get it freighted by ship or air and we all split the costs. It would suck if a member of this forum who's already expressed their interest be left out because they get on the internet once a week or somethin.
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

can my name be removed please... Still not happy bout missing out on these seats :evil: Cash flow probs!
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

sunraider wrote:umm i dont think thats a fair way to go, considering that a lot of people have been waiting for this group buy for so long. How do we even know if the seats will be made on time before your friends get back?

I think the fairest and most convenient way of doing this for everyone who has expressed interest would to just get it freighted by ship or air and we all split the costs. It would suck if a member of this forum who's already expressed their interest be left out because they get on the internet once a week or somethin.
I tend to agree, I know I was disappointed when I missed out the first time, lets see if we can all score a set here.... Look I dont mind paying a little extra for freight if it means we get the whole consignment and no one misses out..
Teh Ban Queen!
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Everyone,
I talked with my friend in Manila,
He will be visiting the producer this Saturday, to see the product and generate a contact.
As he is already working for an import company, I am assuming he should be able to organise the cheapest freight deal available, either with plane or ship.

So, hopefully, I will be updating this topic with latest details early next week.
[img]http://www.smyrnaie.com/SeatCovers/FTO/ftobanner.jpg[/img]
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Great one mxysxy - you're worth more money!! :wink:
Teh Ban Queen!
sunraider
Grease Monkey

Post by sunraider »

hello peepz,

I've made contact with a forwarding company which has been recommended to me by someone.. the guy got back to me with the air freight rates. He got back to me with the following:

Door to door including taxes = $1459.50 from Manila to Sydney
If we have roughly 31 people buying actual sets that amounts to $47.10 per person for each set. I.e. $9.50 per kilo which sounds kinda alright to me. (I recommend we put aside at least $50 for freight). Of course, it will cost additional interstate postage charges if you are interstate, but still works out considerably cheap.

In addition, he said it will take a week maximum to get the good to us door to door.

I am still making some other enquires with some more contacts so hopfully will update by the end of the week. I guess by the end of next week we can weigh up all our options and see what works out best. If mxysxy's mate or anyone else can do even better than $9.50 then we can create them as a contact for future buys from phillipines.

Can I just confirm if the goods are definately in Manila??

Cheerz
-Fuzzie-
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

great progress so far guys!

goods are definitely in manila....
Cubao, Metro Manila to be exact....
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Did anyone get red last time? I'd love to see what it looks like. I'm looking for a brightish red to match the shift bootie and steering wheel, failing that a darker crimoning red would be fine to match the seat stitching, rear shelf and front demister vents.

How much do you reckon it would be for the material?
Adriano
Grease Monkey

Post by Adriano »

no chance scarecrow, thats what i wanted initially.... but they dont have bright red...
Luca
Grease Monkey

Post by Luca »

If it's not too late, and you have a spare spot, I would really like to be included in this group buy.

You guys also deserve a big thank you for putting this together.

Good on ya,
Luca
wild_flower
Grease Monkey

Post by wild_flower »

ok, theres roughly 30 names of ppl who want sets, but there will be ppl who change there mind; cant find the cash; or dont respond. (those members wanting materials should be fine)

but we need to noe who is no longer interested, hoping the number is roughly 20 or low 20'ish so no-one misses out.

how about all the ppl who have there names on the list already have 1st priorty, if they reply by pm to Kazbah before the buy goes thru then they still get it, if there are ppl who drop out and there's spaces left, then newly interested ppl can take that order spot? ( r u cool with that Kazbah?)

that way it solves the problem of being unfair to ppl who've asked for a long time and ppl who dont check the forums often? how does that idea sound?
sunraider wrote: How do we even know if the seats will be made on time before your friends get back?
i've just pm Adriano for the contact details of the supplier, so we'll noe exactly how long they'll take to make the ordered amount, and if all of them can be made by the deadline. thats y its so important to determine EXACTLY how many sets we're asking for.

i'm not getting anything out of this, i just wanna get my set and help out other members to get theirs too. but if u guys dont wanna go join me, and decide to use other methods, than thats cool too.

does anyone still feel there's issues not addressed?