Twin Exhaust?

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FUZION
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Twin Exhaust?

Post by FUZION »

I've seen a silver GPX with a full copy veilside kit around melb.

Has twin exhaust - as in one each side - anyone know where you get these? brands etc? or is it just a custom job?

looks mad with the veilside rear bumper!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Jiwan (G1) has a similar job done to his FTO as well... it would definitely have to be a custom job, as there are no off the shelf kit like that in the market for the FTO.
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

yeh, everytime im at chadstone shopping centre, i always see a red fto with twin exhaust and with those black air inlet bonnet thingy, similar to the evos.....

anyone knows who owns this? is this fto turboed? i reckon it would be with the exhaust and bonnet hole...
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

btw, how much are 5zigen fireball mufflers brand new?

how much would they be worth after being used for 4 months?

dis guy on another forum is selling his for 380$... i wanna get a fireball muffler.... but not sure if its the right price
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

brand new genuine 5zigen Fireball mufflers retail for about $650 each from memory... $380 for 4mths sounds like a good deal, but i'd dbl-check the muffler to ensure it's a genuine item because there are plenty of lookalikes out there... (check for a rectangular plate beneath the muffler barrel with a Jasma logo engraved on it and the 5zigen logo engraved on the tip)

i'm kinda regretting it for selling my old 5zigen muffler... i get so much pleasure out of listening to its scream... i don't think they could ever be another mufler that can give you the kind of sound like a 5Zigen + MIVEC... if only i had the silencer to go with it befor it was sold. ah well....
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

why did u sell it?

was it because it was too loud? i couldnt believe it went through registration without needing a silencer :?

Best sounding muffler out :lol:

ps the sign (5zigen) on mine is on the top :wink:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

d_stroy_r wrote:why did u sell it?

was it because it was too loud? i couldnt believe it went through registration without needing a silencer :?

Best sounding muffler out :lol:

ps the sign (5zigen) on mine is on the top :wink:
yep, i sold it because the neighbors were starting to complain about the noise as i back out of my steep driveway (in reverse)... :?

i guess i got lucky getting the car rego'd with the 5zigen muffler fitted... i drove through the inspection bay without revving it, just coasting along, just so it's not too noisy for the old bastard ;)

...but yeah, a silencer woulda been perfect!
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

5Zigen Cannonball muffler, 2.5inch inlet and 4inch outlet.

this would fit an fto right?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

thecook wrote:5Zigen Cannonball muffler, 2.5inch inlet and 4inch outlet.

this would fit an fto right?
like a glove mate... if you don't have a silencer, just take it easy on the roads, coz they're bloody loud (but a very niiiiice kind of loud, hehehe... ;))
lal
Grease Monkey

Post by lal »

my new ride has twin exhausts....
anyone know if this is good for the car???
am I loosing too much backpressure... and therefore not as fast off the blocks as I should be??? looks good though... it's different..
also can it put too much strain in the engine??? one of my friends said it may?? don't know much in this area... anyone know the correct answer?
lal
Grease Monkey

Post by lal »

my new ride has twin exhausts....
anyone know if this is good for the car???
am I loosing too much backpressure... and therefore not as fast off the blocks as I should be??? looks good though... it's different..
also can it put too much strain in the engine??? one of my friends said it may?? don't know much in this area... anyone know the correct answer?
Kev

Post by Kev »

in regard to the backpressure issue, i'd go and get that checked at an exhaust place just to be safe, because i think that if there is not enough backpressure it can shorten the life of your valves substantially.
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

thecook wrote:yeh, everytime im at chadstone shopping centre, i always see a red fto with twin exhaust and with those black air inlet bonnet thingy, similar to the evos.....

anyone knows who owns this? is this fto turboed? i reckon it would be with the exhaust and bonnet hole...
You'd be surprised there are a lot of Ricey cars out there :roll:

Yeah I have twin exhaust :) it was a custom job I have magnaflow mufflers and they cost $550each so its not the cheapest job with good brand mufflers alone clocking you past the 1k mark
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

What's the inlet size of the stock muffler?
elmo
Grease Monkey

twin exhaust

Post by elmo »

Yo EXC any pics any where?
Gotta get mine done ASAP and want a twin, can you provide pipe diametres etc??
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

rxboy wrote:What's the inlet size of the stock muffler?
2.25"
lal
Grease Monkey

Post by lal »

i don't have to worry whether i'm loosing too much back pressure with my twin muffler.... just got a letter from the EPA last night, saying they "suspect" that my car doesn't comply with the regulation :evil:
i just want to know whether it was one of my neighbours or if they just saw me on the road... has this happened to anyone before???

does anyone know whether a normal cannon muffler with baffle/silencer fitted passes??? then after it passes it can be taken off :wink:

annoying though.. i like the look of the twin tip... is there a way to make it quieter??
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

Some specific mufflers have a silencer you can fit to them (eg N1 exhaust), others don't.

Each muffler design gives different noise levels.

There is an adjustable advice that can be fitted to the car within the exhaust. Can't find a link for it though.

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
lal
Grease Monkey

Post by lal »

hey sb8888,
sorry i haven't heard your car before :) i have seen the calipers though!!
i just called the EPA and inquired about it... it appears that an EPA agent spotted/pulled over the previous owner of the car... which of course he didn't bother telling me about!! therefore leaving me with the defect!!!! :evil:

worse comes to worse, I'll probably do choice #3, get a new cannon muffler... with the baffle on, it should be under the limit... but then I also have to get new piping as I currently have 1 pipe that becomes a Y... I'll keep you posted... thye've given me less than a week to get it fixed or they will cancel my rego!!! :evil:

is that X-Force a cannon??? r they any good??