MELBOURNE AUTO SALON STAND!!

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

DZYRME
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

MELBOURNE AUTO SALON STAND!!

Post by DZYRME »

Ok, guys and girls it is almost that time of the year. Yes, thats right MELBOURNE AUTO SALON

This year we want our club to be recognised by all Victorians. We want to enter the show as a club under the FTO Australia banner. The confirmed dates of the Melbourne Auto Salon is 30th April to 1st May. We are now taking spots to enter the show.

If we enter as a club, the cost will be $80 per vehicle. So if you are interested in entering your car or have any questions please PM myself or Toni asap. We need to know definate numbers and payment needs to be made by the 31st of March.

So if you would like to display your pride and joy, in the biggest Import Car show in Australia, here is your chance to do so.

Brendan
Last edited by DZYRME on Mon May 09, 2005 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

how many cars do u need to make a club stand? just out of curiousity .
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

A minimum of 6 cars, otherwise you will have to enter as an individual entrant which is $120
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

in reality, it's more than $80... let's see, you still gotta chip-in for the various display props, power adapters, cleaning/detailing etc etc... just a thought ;)
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Well it all depends on how many cars we get. The more cars we have, the less it will cost for materials/props etc. So For now could we please just please get some numbers on who is interested, and we will discuss the costs later! $80 is just the cost for entry fee.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Hi Everyone as you can imagine organising something like this takes a lot of time and effort and if we are going to do it this year we want to really make a mark and stand out in the crowd...
We need to know who would be willing to put there car in for the weekend and we need to know in the next week or so ... this will allow us to organise how we are going to set up our display the theme we are going to use etc... and we only have 15 days before the first and cheapest entries are due in if we get 6 cars the fee will be $80 with this you will also get an Autosalon T-Shirt , Pass for the whole Weekend, Limited Edition 2005 Lanyard, and not to forget Publicity for the Club !!
Please I urge you if you have an interest please post so we can get an idea on the numbers ...
I gaurantee all of you that have never done something like this before it is lots of fun and you will have a great weekend !
:wink:
The Chase is better than the Catch !
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

As a club entrant, is there anything special that needs to be done to the car, or are completely stock cars welcome?
LED ALL the things.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

I don't get my roster that far in advance so count me out
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

You don't need to have a lot done to your car to participate we would actually gain more points if we have all the same car in our club stand and do something exciting for the stand ... as those of you would have seen from me entering previous shows I haven't really done a lot of expensive mods ..graphics a little paint etc,... nothing to flash...
But when I entered with Evolve last year we gave out chup a chups and all had uniforms and just interacted with the public did a nice stand and we won Best Club Theme ... so as you see it comes down to imagination more then anything !

As far as not having a car what we did was twin share a hotel Friday and Saturday night and made a weekend of fun out of it !
:wink:
The Chase is better than the Catch !
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Guys at this stage, it looks like we will NOT have a stand at the Melbourne Auto Salon this year. We pretty much have had no interest whatsoever apart from one car. It is a shame, becuase I thought it would be fantastic if we could have a stand this year. We would really stand out amongst the crowd, and it would have raised awareness about our club. :( So please, if you are truly interested, please let myself or Toni know within the next 2 days.

Brendan
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Your problem here is going to be that not everyone thinks their car is Autosalon material, even if stockies are welcome.

It's an every year occurance right? If so I'll do my best to come down next year when I've done some more to the car and got it in good nick. :)
pagan
Grease Monkey

Post by pagan »

Bucket is right, most dont think their car is good enough. If we had a stand i would go to the auto salon and check the cars out, support the troops without doubt, it would be sweet as! but alas it comes down to... well.

I'll put it like this.
I have painted my interior like many here have, i have nice ROH adrenalin rims, original hiro wing, rest is stock, average sound system, momo pedals, and steering wheel hey on the street all i ever hear is very nice ride man, and it is nice, but at the auto salon i am of the opinion as many are that my car would go from nice to laughed at. The auto salon is known for its wicked done up cars. I for one was unaware you didnt have to do heaps to the car and it be allowed to enter. i thought there were some kind of rules.

having said that, its funny how many people still don't know what an FTO is, so to some people having a stock FTO would be a "WOW check this car out, What the hell is it" or "Oh yeah i seen a few of these, so that's what they are?" and the fact that we have a Group stand with a half dozen of them, being imports, to those people it would be like a exclusive group type thing, foreign hard to get cars. hey i remember thinking the same thing when i saw an FTO, sheesh lcuky bastard must be loaded, doesnt like an aussie car just gets one imported. Hey i didnt know any better.

so the point of all this dribble is basically a confidence thing, i understand the committees reasons completely but on the other hand i understand why no one has come forward. Its a hard one.

thats my ear bleeding 2 cents worth :wink:
I'm a sinner, yet forgive me nothing. I'm a heathen, but forever free.

The band yours-truly plays in
www.geocities.com/elysiumsshadow
Dark Fantasy Metal - Demo out soon!
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Pagan, everytime i read yr posts for some reason i read it with a pirate accent!! :? :lol:

I feel like as if im reading a post from one of the pirates from 'Pirates of the Carribean'! :lol:
pagan
Grease Monkey

Post by pagan »

RALMAO!!!!!!
my missus pissed herself laughing from reading that, her family calls me the pirate coz they think i look like the main guy on pirates of the carrabean...cant remember his name. and now you! worse is you have never seen me... sheesh.... its a bloody conspiracy arghdy har har! :wink:
I'm a sinner, yet forgive me nothing. I'm a heathen, but forever free.

The band yours-truly plays in
www.geocities.com/elysiumsshadow
Dark Fantasy Metal - Demo out soon!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Pagan i can imagine you having a ball when the International Day of Talking Like A Pirate event comes along... :lol: (yes, there really is such a day - believe it or not).
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

oh by the way, if you see the body condition of my car right now, it's nothing 'stimulating' at all... got so many blemishes and minor scuffs from daily driving it's not funny, but hey at least it's built to be daily driven (and driven hard), not a trailer bitch like 1/3 of the cars at the auto salon... :P
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Mikey, im not sure u been looking carefully at some of the cars at Autosalon but its more like 10% have a decent paint job and condition they are in. Last years event was more about QUANTITY than QUALITY! how *~delightful!~* was it!! :roll:

btw, u still gonna have the FTO by next year when we do our club stand?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

At the rate his going at the moment, he'll have the FTO for another 10yrs ehehehehehe by then he can leave it for his kids as the "full siikkkk first ride" :twisted:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

Well, if the group stand at the auto salon isnt going ahead, anyone want to go for a cruise after the saturday of the show?

that way we can have a look around in our own time, then have a bit of a drive afterwards =D

i know i'm eager, but what can i say? I love to drive my FTO =D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I usually don't drive my FTO during the wkend of autosalon, as i know cops are usually near by & around to pull cars over ever if its stock, as long as you drive anything that look kinda sporty, you be in trouble.

I don't care if they pull me over, as theres nothing to defect on my car, but its time wasting that i hate :evil: They usually spend 1/2 hr to 45mins going through everything :roll:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.