Auto Electrician in North Brisbane

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Auto Electrician in North Brisbane

Post by Dr_Jones »

Having a problem with my alternator. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable shop to take it. Keep in mind I will have to tow it I think as it's in a bad way. I'm in Clayfield.

Thanks guys.
HiRAEdd
Mechanic

Post by HiRAEdd »

I've used G&R Auto electrics a few times on my FTO and I've been really impressed with their work. Plus if you're a RACQ member you get 5% discount on elect, air cond and 10% on mechanics.
666 Gympie Road, Lawnton 3205 5899

Oh and they called my car the Batmobile too :)
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Ok Thanks, I'll give them a call. One of my friends always calls my car the batmobile too haha.
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

As I mentioned to you before I very highly recommend Virginia Auto Elec (just behind Super A Mart) as I have been there three times from memory and John is very helpful. My alternator was virtually completely overhauled by another local Auto Elec due to flat battery issues etc...That crowd took much longer than quoted to do the job and they had no idea how to remove it from the car - only way is jack it up and get access under the car! I thought that my battery issues and voltage fluctuations would be fixed after that but no! So I went to Virginia A/E and they asked my driving pattern and put it down to the fact that I was making continual short trips and never letting the battery fully charge. ie: drive to work with stereo on and usually lights too for like 5 mins max, twice a day, punishing the battery in the process. So I took his advice and changed my driving pattern. I later found my battery whilst still under warranty failed completely due to a dead cell but the Century dealer (the main dealer for Bris) refused to replace the battery for some reason I can't recall right now so I contacted John and he managed to somehow get me a new replacement battery for nothing out of them. My last visit was shortly after I had the car resprayed etc and my interior lights kept flicking on over bumps so I figured that the panel shop had created a short somehow but John located the problem within 5 mins of me dropping the car off - just the passenger door not sitting as close as before it was resprayed. A quick adjustment of the door catch and that was that. So, yeah you can find one place might be ok but another could be a hell of a lot better.
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Thanks for that advice Brad, after much sweat and a little blood I removed the alternator and after the silly Easter Bunny had done his thing I took it into John at Virginia Auto Electrics.

WOW, he looked, he tested, he fixed all in about 4 hours flat and gave it back to me for less than quoted for a measly 198 bucks.

Went home refitted and I'm back to normal

Can't recommend them enough. Good to encounter someone who cares.
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

Glad to hear that John is still as honest and helpful as ever.