JVC Head Unit Power Issue

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

YYgirl
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

JVC Head Unit Power Issue

Post by YYgirl »

Hi, i have a problem recently. While playing CDs, it would just itself off half way through a song looking like it has no power. But it would turn itself back on after like 10 seconds.

First i thought it might be loose power connection, but i noticed that it happens on even roads??

anyone any ideas??
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

hate to say this, but JVC decks are pretty crap :roll:
my friend had a brand new JVC deck installed in his car and the first cd he played (orginal) it came up with an error message then suddenly started playing. :?
Ther
Grease Monkey

Post by Ther »

I wouldn't generalize from one experience FTOluv.
I've had a couple of JVC decks and they have worked perfectly.
The power issue you are having maybe due to
a. a faulty factory unit
b. bad installation .
Should first check the wiring and if all adds up then take it back from where you got tthe deck and get it replaced. :wink:
YYgirl
Grease Monkey

Post by YYgirl »

oh that sucks, but it is out of warranty already i think.. it's about 1.5years old already..... :oops:
Ther
Grease Monkey

Post by Ther »

best thing would be to check the wirings and make sure that there are no burnt/melted or severed wiring.

So in the 1.5 years that you've had the deck it had no problems until now?
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

How loud are you playing it?
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

I wouldn't generalize from one experience FTOluv.
Sorry, i was mentioning ONE of MANY incidents that I have experienced with that brand.
Due to being considerably new to car audio, JVC technology hasnt developed that much to be considered a 'worthwhile' brand to purchase.

thats my 2C, but thats only coming from someone thats part of a car audio organisation that is hosting the sound off for Easternats this Sunday :roll:
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

There would be thousands that would disagree but each to there own. Either way opinions on brand quality will not help the problem.
Ther
Grease Monkey

Post by Ther »

well for a company that has been making audio equipment since 1927 i would rarely consider them newvies in this arena.
AND the part about organizing an audio comp or whatever else...does not mean much in this case because we have not come up with a solution to YYgirl's problem.
FTOluv wrote:hate to say this, but JVC decks are pretty crap :roll:
my friend had a brand new JVC deck installed in his car and the first cd he played (orginal) it came up with an error message then suddenly started playing. :?
and by giving this statement as an answer to a problem...well... it doesn't really help the person with the issue.

What i'm saying is that lets not just brand bash for the sake of it...if the thread was about which brand is better then by all means go right ahead. But if the thread is asking for some help please lets keep our own bias to ourselves. :!:
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

well for a company that has been making audio equipment since 1927 i would rarely consider them newvies in this arena.
then obviously u dont know the difference between car audio and home audio :roll:

and im not brand bashing!! :evil: There are certain brands in EVERYTHING whether it be car audio, electronic, cars... that are just not that great.

BUT, everyone has the right to their own opinion and they can go and do what they like :roll:

what YYgirl needs to do is get it checked out by someone that knows what they are doing. If yr not that confident with car audio YYgirl, then its best to leave it someone else to fix.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Hey Mil,
Did you end up selling your stereo equipment ?
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

another thing to check is the leads going to your speakers, the head unit might be cutting off cause the + and - are touching, biut most likely sounds like a power/ground issue
YYgirl
Grease Monkey

Post by YYgirl »

thanks guys for the reply.

but i dont play it loud, and it just cuts off.

i have not had a problem until now (which is about 1.5years old). i might have to get some car electrics guys to check it out.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I don't if this help, but i had the same problem before, & it was earth wiring. And thats pretty simple to check, so get the auto electrician to check that first.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

I'd be more than willing to have a look at it for you. My car is off the road at the moment so my tinkering skill is up 5 points. Car audio was my first love so I should be able to help you.

Can you repeat the problem or does it just happen randomly?

Let me know if you want me to have a look.
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

[quote="Dr_Jones"]I'd be more than willing to have a look at it for you. My car is off the road at the moment so my tinkering skill is up 5 points. Car audio was my first love so I should be able to help you.

Can you repeat the problem or does it just happen randomly?

Let me know if you want me to have a look.[/quote]

Im sure thats not the only thing you would like to "tinker" with :wink: hehe
[img]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/barfy76/barfycopy1.jpg[/img]
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

It took you that long to think that one up aiy Barfy?? :P :D
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

speaking out of coincidence, that same JVC head unit installed in my friends car has now blown his amp sky high because the piece of sh*t was only putting out 0.2V!!
yes u heard me!
0.2V!!!!! :x

the other thing was that it feed the amp DC power because it just sh*t itself! 8O :x

People, this is my advice from someone that has had a fair bit of experience with Car Audio. PLEASE stay away from brands such as JVC ,Panasonic, LG...etc. They might look pretty and all with their little graphics but their quality is absolutely crap! :evil:
Just because a manufacture has made home audio stuff for 50 years didnt mean jack when it comes to car audio.
Its like LG when they started making mobile phones. How crap were they and how crap are they compared to other phones on the market today!
Same goes for car audio.
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Well to be honest, my Panasonic is doing fine.

But I'm not running massive amounts of stereo gear on it, just the stock audio equipment.

Only problem is it skips when I'm on a bumpy road pushing the car extremely hard.
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Ive got a JVC touch screen running on an amp with subs etc, sounds awesome and havent had a problem with it
[img]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/barfy76/barfycopy1.jpg[/img]