SOLD: "U LIKE" Custom FTO

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

indyfto
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

SOLD: "U LIKE" Custom FTO

Post by indyfto »

1996 Mitsubishi FTO GPX Tiptronic

***CAR HAS NOW BEEN SOLD***

One off FTO with many custom modifications. This car is probably not suited to someone that likes to keep a low profile. It turns heads and creates frenzy with anyone aged from 3 to 73! Has been featured in Hot 4s (Feb 2005) and Fast Fours (Dec 2004) plus several pics in other mags including 2DMax and Qld Street Car. Collected 8 trophies from shows entered for car and/or stereo.

Has 2L V6 Mivec engine with approx 108,000 klms. I am the second Aus owner having purchased it with 42,000 klms on it. Always serviced with Mobil 1 oil. Timing belt replaced 10,000 klms ago. Receipts for services and modifications available. Car is fully complied and has 6 months registration in Qld. Car has all usual FTO features including all electrics, digital climate control, 4 speed auto with tiptronic function, sports bucket seats etc. Also has a driver’s side Momo SRS airbag leather steering wheel. All aspects of car, outside, inside and mechanical in excellent condition. Any inspection welcome.

Exterior:
Full respray in Lexus "Silver Mist" metallic paint excluding under bonnet
Custom hybrid front bumper - One off molded/blended top half of factory bumper with lower half of D Cuatro front lip - only one like this outside Japan
Custom modified rear bumper - extra cutout on kerbside for additional muffler - removed/filled in FTO embossed logo - stretched number plate surround to fit custom plates
Custom D Cuatro side skirts
Custom DIY clear front indicators
Rare Altezza style clear tail lights (one of only three sets in Aus)
D Speed crystal clear side indicators
Removed factory rear spoiler
Removed factory boot lid keyhole
Removed front bumper Mitsubishi badge
Removed all other badging and stickers

Interior:
Full custom retrim in Blue and Silver Macrosuede excluding carpet. Custom matching fitted floor mats front and back
Custom fiberglass headlining with recessed blue neons and covered in matching silver Macrosuede
Custom gloss black respray of some parts of dash - centre console, door handle cups, instrument binnacle etc
Custom Chrome plated auto trans gear knob button, plastic gear knob surround, seatbelt guides, scuff plates and cupholder
Aftermarket Blue dials with aluminium dial rings
Glovebox pre wired for Sony PS2, just plug in and play
Blue neons in roof, under dash and in glovebox

Stereo:
Full Alpine multimedia install by Northfield
Custom boot installation in Silver Macrosuede with various hidden blue neons and backlit blue 3D /////Alpine logo
IVA D300 Alpine in dash DVD touchscreen 7â€
Last edited by indyfto on Wed May 04, 2005 10:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Dam sexy ride, IMO its worth every cents its asking for. G'luck with sales :D
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
WildRide
Grease Monkey

Post by WildRide »

Damm 8O

WR
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

now THIS is a showcar! :D

funny, may ppl seem to be selling their cars after a feature in Hot4s...
:roll:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

When is your feature, Mikey :P
LED ALL the things.
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Its becuase, after all the hard work and time put into the car, its time to start on another project. Im still waiting for mine to be published..
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

[edit]
Now has roadworthy/safety certificate.
Also comes with various factory bits incl spare wheel, boot trims, springs, 16" alloys etc...
Two AXS white fitted seat covers to protect the front seats
Macrosuede panels to cover amps/subs in boot to let you use the boot as originally intended.
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

[edit] Original post now edited to include Alpine DVD headunit ($2999 RRP) and Alpine TV tuner ($699 RRP) for $24,950. Please bear in mind that $30K has been spent on mods with most receipts still available.
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

Car has been sold, thanks.
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

Can i be rude and ask which state shes going to ?? Sold to anyone off the forum ??
[img]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/barfy76/barfycopy1.jpg[/img]
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

Sold via "carsales.com.au" to a local buyer and not a member of any forum I advertised on afaik.

To answer the frequent PMs I've been getting - it sold for more than the asking price...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

indyfto wrote: To answer the frequent PMs I've been getting - it sold for more than the asking price...
Good on you mate, that mean there are still people out there who appreciate the value of a vehicle which had been well take care of & maintain.

This is a great example for all FTO owners who do the same for their "love one", we don’t need to lower the price to compensate the sh*t box out there, and sooner or later people will realize the different.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

They may well be able to appreciate the car but it would appear they can't appreciate the exclusivity of the tail lights. Looks like they will be up on Ebay very soon much to my disappointment :cry: ! So much for me not taking a quick $4K from someone for them, thinking they are best kept on my (at the time) FTO instead of someone elses...