[b]TRACK DAY[/b]

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO-00
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

[b]TRACK DAY[/b]

Post by FTO-00 »

I REALLY WANT TO HAVE A TRACK DAY, I THINK LOTS OF PEOPLE WILL AGREE WITH ME. BRENDAN, CAN YOU DO IT FOR US PLEASE?
BLACK FTO-00
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hey Frank, it’s not as easy as you think, it involve CAM License, & insurance, plus the cost of hiring the track, unless we can share it with other clubs or organizers, or the cost would be a fair bit for anyone to be interested, but I heard you would like to donate some money for this event too hahaaha... :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

the only one i can think of where you don't need a CAMS licence is the practice day at Calder Park... for $150 or something (can't remember exactly how much) you get a couple hours worth of track time for you to go all out and fang around the circuit, but from memory they have to restrict it to 2-3 cars per session or something...
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

oh by the way the only downside is that practice days at Calder are only available during weekdays... normal scrutineering & safety regulations apply.
JSP-INC
Grease Monkey

Post by JSP-INC »

Mr Mikey is correct..
Wednesday is open circuit and it costs about $145 for the day!!! Usual scrutineering etc.. applies
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Yes as we all agree we are all waiting on having a day such as this but it must be heavily researched with what is needed to pull it off ...

I will endeavour to get more information and we will look at holding some sort of event on a track within the next 6 months .... :wink:
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

From what i gather, the easiest way to get some track time for a large group of people (like the FTO club) is to contact one of the bigger car clubs in victoria (Jaguar, Toyota, Honda etc maybe even the Cordia Boys, you never know what they r up to) and asking when the next time they go to the tracks is, and see if we can join them to help lower costs and make it more achievable for everyone involved.

I have a friend of the family who is in the Jag club, and i will ask him what they are up to in the near future.

There are bigger clubs, who go more often, i say we try and piggyback with them to get some race time =D
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

I have a friend in Ballarat, who is a farmer and has a large demolition derby track (ring type) in his paddock.
There, we can clock some track timing.
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

as in a dirt ring?
or paved?

i dont know if i would want to boot around my baby on dirt and rocks too hard ;p
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

dirt ring,
and wait till it rains a bit.

These guys even have their own demolished car compressing machine. When one of the cars go off, they just flatten it, and buy another one.