Hey, i missed out on the day,
how was it?
anyone got some pics?
My pic was too big.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah, what i want to know is what type of cars was there too
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Patience Grant....I'll upload what few pics I took when I get a chance here.

Was good to meet smorrison and bennoz......and thanks to paladin and spetz for coming along as well!

There were Skylines a plenty.....two R33 GTR's went out on track but didn't seem as impressive as I thought they would be.

There were a suprising amount of Soarers, both TT and the big supercharged V8 monsters.

An Evo 4 and 8 as well as an STi.....and a little red Mirage with Evo running gear that spetz couldn't stop drooling over. The Evo 8 and STi owners were actually next door neighbours and it was quite amusing watching them rag on each other's cars. But getting to sit in the Evo was quite an awesome experience....definately a car I must own at some point in my life. Would have been even better to have a lap or two in it!

Other cars included a Carrera, a Maloo and a 350z.

And of course....the UAS 300zx.....this car was amazing! It sped around the track so quickly!

Seeing proper track drift for the first time in person was pretty damn cool! The S14 driver definately knew how to get that puppy sideways!

Pics were taken with my small crappy cam....I've got three movies as well but they're short and just Stephen's drive by's.

Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah, that 300ZX was somethin' else...
Gotta love a car with no traction in any gear... :P
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

thanks for turning up guys ;)

didn't get to meet you all but those who i did say hello to know it wasn't a great day for me... :(

my tyres had seen one to many a track day, my semi's didn't turn up, track was too cold to get decent traction and everyone was slower this year compared to last years times....

even the UAS race car with an additional 80kW at the wheels was struggling for speed (or rather traction due to the cold temps)...

anyway it sounds like boris wants to go on the 9th july so i'll try and come then with new tyres and see how we go :)
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

Steve I was just going over the lap times on the UAS site, and I'm suprised Tim had a faster lap time than you. Has he done something with his car since the Oran Park track day, or did the tyres cost u time?

If the 9th of July thing goes ahead I'll probably turn up as well. Dunno bout new tyres, but I'll see how I go with my suspension probs fixed! :lol:
[img]http://users.bigpond.net.au/sentry/sig.jpg[/img]
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

my bro had new potenza's on and my tyres we're completely destroyed... so i just had no grip...

he's enjoying going from 2 seconds a lap slower at oran park to just a bit faster and wakefield...

tyres are just so important... i was well over a second slower than last year as well to give you an idea on the tyres. and this was with more power as well ... granted the car wasn't fantastically tuned as it had literally been put back together on saturday afternoon but hey there was more power...

i'll be back with new tyres on the 9th so we'll so how it goes. ;)