Need something, Put it in here.
Private Sales Only

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

NSW: Rear Shelf

Post by scarecrow »

Hey, i'm after a rear shelf. I need to *mod* my one because the previous owner was a bit of a lazy bum when he fitted the speakers (the tweeters prevent the rear shelf from sitting all the way down, this causes the rear shelf to vibrate) and i want a backup incase i snap the thing.

So yeah.

Rear shelf, in sydney, i'll pickup with cash. Name a price. Or if you point me to a store where i could buy one i'd be a happy camper.
Luca
Grease Monkey

Post by Luca »

Funny you say that mate.

I pulled my interior apart a couple of weeks ago. The rear shelf has 4 plastic clips that were all smashed on mine. That helps prevent the shelf from vibrating. I can get the part numbers for the clips if you like. These and the shelf can both be bought from Mitsi.
MrFT000
Mechanic

Post by MrFT000 »

yeah count me in on that as well please..
My pic was too big.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Yepo, some of my clips are smashed too, and the two tabs which bolt down (they face you when you take the seats out) are crushed into little bits as well.

Also those rear vent bits on mine are free to flap about because all the little tab bits between them have been snapped :( Whoever took this off the first time was _very_ heavy handed about it.

If you could get those part numbers, plus the one for the rear shelf, i'd be thankful. How do you go about ordering this stuff from mitsubishi??

I'll use my current shelf as a test dummy and cut out the plastic framework under the speaker grills and see if it keeps its integrity (thats what's pushing down on the tweeter part). Only reason i don't want to replace my current rear shelf is because it's been painted a nice deep maroon which really suits the colour theme. The vibration is extremely annoying, and after taking it off and securing it further (can't do it properly cause of the speakers though) it now also creaks when going around corners...
Luca
Grease Monkey

Post by Luca »

The part number for the clips that hold down the rear parcel shelf is:
MR146788.

Looks like a plastic plug about 12mm long with a three layer end cap and a four piece stem.

Cheers,
Luca
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Thanks for that, but how do i go about ordering them??? Do i contact mitsu japan directly?? Or mitsu australia?? Or someone like Japlink...

I'm going to need window guides and the centre console sorround thing aswell... also wouldn't mind a new glovebox thing.