v.3 Dials help

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Supplanter
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

v.3 Dials help

Post by Supplanter »

Could anyone clarify the instructions regarding the black stickers that come with the dials? As far as I can tell I need to stick under the dial where the shaft of the hand pointer thingy comes through the dial. I have done this to the clock but it still lets a lot of light through :(

Am I doing it wrong or does it just need adjusting?
LED ALL the things.
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Basically you want in under the central black part of the needle. If there's still a lot of light coming through, then you've either done it wrong, or it's slipped.

The way that worked for me was to have it sticky-side up, place around the needle. you want the two ends (where the slit in the ring is) to overlap so they stick together. adjust position so central, and no gaps around the needle. When u fit dial face, again, make sure sticker is central underneath it, and push the face down onto the sticker.

Not sure bout clock though - i've got vac guage instead. Sure that u need a sticker for clock as u've got to take needles off for it?
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Meant the voltmeter :oops:
I have only had time to do the centre binnacle so far so it is still a work in progress.

Thanks for the help :)
LED ALL the things.
afterburner
Mechanic

Post by afterburner »

They're a bloody pain in the a$$ to fit, you basically just have to keep trying until you get them on right. I also found that it was easier to put them on sticky side up. Even so, I still get some light coming from around the needle cup - I think that it can't really be avoided to a certain extent...
[url=http://www.atom.net.nz/afterburner/fto/index.htm][img]http://www.atom.net.nz/afterburner/ftologos.jpg[/img][/url]

It's gone :( - now carless...