SCISSOR DOORS - Expressions of interest wanted NOW!

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Robb
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Robb »

Markyboy - yeah l'm going to look into getting it done hear (Canberra) but at the moment l'm focusing on designing a new interior which l hope that l will have the skill to manufacture and install myself.... but the scissor doors are on my christmas list...:)

Robb...
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

after seeing that same pic i decided to get scissor doors added to my fto. its costing me about 1500 and i should have them installed in about 2 weeks max
Whats an FTO?
Robb
Grease Monkey

Post by Robb »

Coolies Raven keep us up to date on how it goes....

Robb...
lal
Grease Monkey

Post by lal »

after seeing that same pic i decided to get scissor doors added to my fto. its costing me about 1500 and i should have them installed in about 2 weeks max
is that $1500 for parts and labour?
if so, please keep us posted :D
I'll be driving down to Brisbane early next year... assuming that's the price and if it can be done in a day or two, I'll definately save up and get it done when I go up there..

keep us posted and post the pics ok... btw... anyone know if this will be an issue with pink slips etc.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Raven wrote:after seeing that same pic i decided to get scissor doors added to my fto. its costing me about 1500 and i should have them installed in about 2 weeks max
$1500 is a damn good price, but i doubt it includes labor... where are you getting it done?

i'd suspect that this mod will require some sort of engineering certification, coz the last thing the cops wanna see is your doors falling off whilst driving on the road...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah & are we talking about $1500 Aus here????
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
markyboy
Apprentice

Scissor doors

Post by markyboy »

That seems very very cheap for the conversion.Is this buying the kit or buying and fitting, either way its a bargain.I paid aprox £870 UK for the kit and will cost £400UK for the work.I have sideskirts blended into the wings which need cut off, then when the kit is fitted the skirts will need fixed, reblended and repainted.What kit are you using?
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

yes its 1500 aus for the doors and 250 for labor, and he said it can be done in a day if really needed but cheaper to do it over weekend.
Whats an FTO?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Raven wrote:yes its 1500 aus for the doors and 250 for labor, and he said it can be done in a day if really needed but cheaper to do it over weekend.
dude, HOOK US UP! Can we have some info please... c'mon hurry, chop-chop!! :D:D:D

when you think about it, it'll still be heaps cheaper than getting one done from Syd/Vic if you freight the car over to Brissy for the week (via car transport) to get the job done and then freight it back again... (and that's on top of the airfare!)
markyboy
Apprentice

Scissor doors

Post by markyboy »

What kit are you using thats so cheap to buy.Might buy a few for the guys over hear n the UK...
markyboy
Apprentice

Doors

Post by markyboy »

Thats my car off to the bodyshop now to get the work done.They will be doing it in between other jobs to help keep the price down.I dont ned the car anyway as it goes off the road over winter ( scottish winters ), been off the road since October and wont be back on until the end of April...I`ll let you guys know how i get on---now the fear has set in.. :lol:
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

the hinges are being built up now for it and i am going to the place on tuesday to get everything suss'd out, if everything goes to plan ill put yas in touch with this guy then.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

yeah we'd appreciate it very much if you could post up some pics for us to see, coz we have a roadtrip planned in mind for next year, heheheh... ;):D
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

Raven wrote:the hinges are being built up now for it and i am going to the place on tuesday to get everything suss'd out, if everything goes to plan ill put yas in touch with this guy then.
So did it all work out?

I just got a quote today for ~ $2000 fitted but that's largely to do with the fact that there are no off the shelf hinge kits to suit the FTO. Surely if you have had a set made up then the price should drop for the subsequent sets as no costly development would be required.
markyboy
Apprentice

Vertical Door kits

Post by markyboy »

If a kit has been made up then im sure quite a few would be interested in this.I could even sell a few over here for you guys if the price is ok.My car is still in the bodyshop just now but my kit isnt a direct fit and needs a bit of fettling to make it fit.Im going to get a few pics on Thursday of the work which has been done so far...I`ll be in touch..
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

i think we can call this tread closed, check out other thread for more info
Whats an FTO?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Agreed.

(not fair, since i started this scissor door thread first... *sniffles*)