DVD entertainment System

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

APZ-312
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

DVD entertainment System

Post by APZ-312 »

Heyaz.. i was just thinking bout getting a dvd system put into my fto. ive seen a couple on ebay for around the $400 - $500 mark

here are a couple of links:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 03954&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 01778&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 70149&rd=1

jus wanted to know what u guys think. or if you know any others which r more suitable. Please let me know what you think =)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmm the first & second one are the same, & they both semi-motorized, I use to have a semi-motorized Clarion TV, which are bloody annoying, & if you not carefull you always end up with finger print on it all the time.

The TV screen support 16:9 (Full widescreen), but the DVD player listed only support 4:3 (standard CRT TV) which is stupid in my opinion.

For the 3rd one, unless its flush mounted, you just asking for trouble when thief walk pass your car. & the player seem to be same as the first two.

What you need to look for is a LCD that have full auto motorized function, which usually have better screen resolution & contrast ratio, & a DVD player with tuner that support both 16:9 & 14:9 widescreen.

Do keep in mind, most of the cheap player like that don't have a good equalizer function, so if you got some decent speakers you be very disapointed with the sound.

Its better you pay a little bit more at the start then keep changing head units later.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
APZ-312
Grease Monkey

Post by APZ-312 »

mmmm u think the roof mounted ones would b better? or the in dash?

yeh i was looking for the full motorized ones with the player supporting both 16:9 and 14:9 widescreens..

the sound quality isnt that bad. a friend of mine ordered one of these chepo players from the U.S for his lexus SC400.. and the sound isnt that bad..

he got a completely different screen which is kinda shabby.. d quality is dbout the same as d little tv in my room LoL

ahhh but thanks for the feedback.. im still on the hunt =P
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

For the 3rd one, unless its flush mounted, you just asking for trouble when thief walk pass your car. & the player seem to be same as the first two.
theres nothing wrong with having it mounted on yr dash, just as long as yr careful where u park. I didnt have one break in for my TV and i had it sitting there for a year! :wink: