*sigh* tappets... *arghhh*

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

APZ-312
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

*sigh* tappets... *arghhh*

Post by APZ-312 »

well.. got my earlier problem fixed.. turns out it was the input speed sensor!! =P thanks to 'fto167' for giving me his spare =)

nowwwww he says that the weird ticking noise is the tappets. is this guy tellin me d truth by sayin they cost bout $60. each? and there are 24 tappets??? dats a sh*t load of dough jus for replacing tappets =|

also.. how do you tell which one needs replacing? is it easy? anyone know a good mechanic dat can get dat fixed in syd area? or does anyone knw how to do it urself?

hehe please help =P
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

OK - this has been talked about heaps before, but firstly, is your a GPX/GPvR or a GR?

If it is a GR, then you could try cleaning them, using different oil etc in the interim. They may need replacing though, and yes, they aren't cheap!

If it is a GPX, then they just need adjusting. Take it to Unique Autosports at Castle Hill and they can sort it out for you. Don't know what they would charge though.
onnzo
Grease Monkey

Post by onnzo »

GR hydraulic tappets are about $60 each from mitsu

You can get them for about $20 from NZ (kempy's)

Mike
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

millions of topic about tappet before yes, i really want to know how much it cost to adjust GPX tappet from UAS ... anyone done it before?
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Only as part of a major service.

Just give them a call - easier than speculating.