FTO Problem

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

0utLAw
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO Problem

Post by 0utLAw »

Hi everyone...Ive just recently purchased a 94 GPX Auto and im totally in love with the car... till it started playing up on me yesterday :cry:

Well when i start the car all seems to be ok...but i have noticed a slight change in tone (deeper tone) that the engine makes. But the problem really comes out when i put it in drive. When its in drive (no accelerator) the car would begin to shake as if its going to die. But for some reason this only occurs when its in either drive or reverse with no acclerator being used...but when i put my foot down it goes away 8O
Ive even tried extracting ECU codes from the car but it doesnt give me a code it just flashes.
Also the car has done 104,000k i know im suppose to change one of the belts..but i dont know which one..perhaps this could be the problem?

Anyways I would really appericiate any sort of feedback/input from anyone. Thanks!

Happy Motoring Everyone.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

cant help you with the problem - it could be a fuel blockage etc..

if its done 100kms, you need a major service anyway, which means changing timing belts (the one I think your referring too), ac belts, etc etc, spark plugs.

During that service they should be able to find the cause of your problem. It might just need a fuel line flush or hopefully nothing to sinister.

THe timing belt wont be causing the problem, because if that snaps you will definately know it!
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

If your problem goes away when you touch the accelerator.....but shudders when idling....

Perhaps the idle speed is too low and the car is on the verge of stalling??
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

or u jsut need a simple fuel pump flush 8)
pagan
Grease Monkey

Post by pagan »

ahhh yes the snapping of ones timing belt.... i know that one well.... put foot on accelerator, sudden shudder... car went prffijtnndm.... and stopped hehehe

lucky i had just pulled out of drive and had gone maybe 10 metres when it went, and was only doin 20-30 km...

often i wonder what it would be like at 100 km or more.... 8O
I'm a sinner, yet forgive me nothing. I'm a heathen, but forever free.

The band yours-truly plays in
www.geocities.com/elysiumsshadow
Dark Fantasy Metal - Demo out soon!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

pagan wrote:ahhh yes the snapping of ones timing belt.... i know that one well.... put foot on accelerator, sudden shudder... car went prffijtnndm.... and stopped hehehe

lucky i had just pulled out of drive and had gone maybe 10 metres when it went, and was only doin 20-30 km...

often i wonder what it would be like at 100 km or more.... 8O
Indeed! You 'oughta see it happen in a non-overhead cam car at 7500rpm at the fast end of Eastern Creek dragway... There's something so unsettling about seeing a valve stem protruding through your bonnet. Expensive weekend that was 8O