Coil Packs

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

groove
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Coil Packs

Post by groove »

Hi all, im looking at changing the spark leads on a 96 Mivec FTO and just have a quick question regarding the spark lead/coil pack connection (circled in red). After i remove the plastic engine cover i can see the coil packs and the leads connected to them. Do i simply pull the spark lead out of the coil pack or is there some special way to do it? I tried to just pull the lead out but it seems rather tight and not wanting to move.

Cheers
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yep, just pull the lead out of the coil pack. You can replace with something like: Image
These go from those coil packs on the front cylinders to the spark plugs on back bank of cylinders
groove

Post by groove »

cool thanx for your help, i figured as much but didnt want to pull to hard and risk breaking the coil pack. Thanx
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hey they the exact one i've got, anyway Groove, make sure you marked the order of the leads or you going to have lots of problem when you putting them back together.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

FTO338 wrote: make sure you marked the order of the leads or you going to have lots of problem when you putting them back together.
Hehe, yep - its a nasty noise that one...
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

And be careful when you are putting the new ones back in again. Very easy to be pushing it in place - and it is quite tight with new ones - and if you "slip", very easy to snap off the connector.

Trust me on this one..... :oops:

Takes some creativity to work out a solution.