Rob Roy hill climb

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

tarkus
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Rob Roy hill climb

Post by tarkus »

I usually try to go to a couple of the meetings at Rob Roy (melway 265 A9). the next one is on sunday 18th September 2005. I think they start about 10:00am. I know it is a bit early, but is anyone else interested.

You will not be able to compete, spectators are charged about $10.00 per car. They have eveything from mini's to formula ford to Lotus Elise to specials. hot food is available.

We could meet at say Ringwood and cruise up there.

any takers?

Tarkus (Robert)
Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Gosh is it like the way they do it on "Best Motoring Japan"??

And yeah where have you been hiding??
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
tarkus
Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

what is "best motoring Japan"?
a hill climb is just that. it is a short stretch of road(usually private property) can be from 1.5 kms to about 3 kms and you do standing start timed runs up the course.
if you go to "http://www.mgcc.com.au/mgcc/default.shtml" and follow the Rob Roy link, you will find out a bit more.
when will the next cruise be on?

Tarkus (robert)
Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I know what a hill climb is, thats why i ask u if its like "japanese best motoring" or "Best motoring Japan" (not the U.S or HK version) but i guess you never watch it.

The Jap also have the "togue" version of hill climb as well, and if you seen Initial D, its just like that.

Well i just have to get u some next time we meet. :D
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

I am willing to see this entertainment.
tarkus
Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

If anyone wants to join me, We can meet in the car park at the corner of Maroondah Hwy and New Street at 10:00am Sunday 18th September.
melway 49 F9

its about a 30 minute drive via Yarra Glenn to get there.

Hope to CYA there
Tarkus (robert "the old fart)
tarkus
Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

I will still be going even if I have to drag my son-in-law (& skyline) with me.

Tarkus
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

I am still coming