Crossovers

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Rich UK
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Crossovers

Post by Rich UK »

Assuming some of you guys have gone for components in the front, how and where did you fit the crossovers. I'm thinking sticky pads to the door skin or back of the door liner?
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Although not the most practical way I am sure my Xover are both behind and under the actual head unit. Heaps of room in there for all sorts of things ;) Including my slightly relocated AT ECU.
DIGGIDY
Apprentice

Post by DIGGIDY »

Rich if you get stuck, i can sort them out for you next weekend...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmmm that depends how big is your crossover, theres no way mine one can be fitted behind the door or under the head units, so the only option is the boot along with the AMP.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
ph3var
Grease Monkey

Post by ph3var »

Mine were fitted behind the kick panels
Custom purple 1995 GPX manual
Aweb
Grease Monkey

Post by Aweb »

DIGGIDY wrote:Rich if you get stuck, i can sort them out for you next weekend...
O M G!

And i thought you didnt like helping people :roll: or was that just me :lol:
Rich UK
Grease Monkey

Post by Rich UK »

Apparently that's just you! :D
Rich UK
Grease Monkey

Post by Rich UK »

ph3var wrote:Mine were fitted behind the kick panels
Mine are currently lodged between door skins, although I think a rew-wire and reloacte will have to be done at some stage......maybe when the head ache stops!
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

When I did the passenger side I hadn't quite thought out the process as much as I should have. Put the crossover in a bag, sealed it and ductaped it to the inside of the door, directly below the speaker mount. Not the best spot but it'll do for now.

For the drivers side I attached it to the backside of the plastic trim directly under the steering wheel (the one you have to remove to get to the door grommet). Plenty of room.

If I were to do the passenger side again (which I will) i'll be putting the crossover in/behind/near the glovebox.