Kick Plates

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

XXXFTO
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by XXXFTO »

ok Guys, If you want to purchase a pair of KickPlates from KMC (kato enterprises) in the UK, just send me an email with how many you want and what colour. Dead line is 3pm next Thursday the 4th of Sept
Then if we can email D-Train's contact and get a price estimate, the more people interested the better price we can get. Starting price is about $160 aus not including shipping from the UK
If members don't mind we can ship them all to my office in melb and i can courier the kick plates to any where in aus free of charge.

email: Mivec95@telstra.com
Pain is just weakness leaving the body!!!
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

Sounds like a plan.

Just want to add something else also: you have a choice of whether or not you want a rubber surround on the kickplates themselves or not.

I'd try to post some pics when I get the chance.

So, you might want to think about that also.
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

on the door switch
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

How do you control the lights? Lights up only when you open the door? or a seperate switch?
Lights up only when you open the door. There is no on or off switch - well not in the originals one anyway.
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

Count me in. I`ve emailed my order.
What is the site adress for KMC?
Jeff
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

REDFTO

Post by REDFTO »

I have a pair of EL kick plates in my car (came in it when i bought it) but the bastards won't light up, I've pulled them off, re wired them and still nothing. I've even put the wires straight onto the battery but no glow.

(and yes i do know what i'm doing with wiring, so it's not just my stupidity)

Any one know what could be wrong with them?
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Dagnabit, saw this post at 10pm on the 4th, too late to put an order in i suppose...
LED ALL the things.
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

Supplanter wrote:Dagnabit, saw this post at 10pm on the 4th, too late to put an order in i suppose...
I don't think anything has been finalised yet. Give XXXFTO an email at Mivec95@telstra.com
Bluntman
Grease Monkey

Post by Bluntman »

A set of these came on my car when i bought it, they look good but they do not extend the total length of the door, only bout half way, looks alright other wise
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i'm gonna try and see if i can get my existing factory plastic kickplates chrome-plated or modicoated in carbonfibre instead... should look just as good anyway (and lighter than aluminium, heheh...)
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

That's a good idea mate, but if I got it done I'd be worried about how long they'd look good for. I have serious trouble getting out of the car without my foot hitting the kick panel or the door. :lol:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

well i just hope the coating material is durable enough to withstand the 'harsh conditions'... :roll:
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

GPXXX wrote:i'm gonna try and see if i can get my existing factory plastic kickplates chrome-plated or modicoated in carbonfibre instead... should look just as good anyway (and lighter than aluminium, heheh...)
Not sure if you're aware but Momo already makes carbon fibre-look (among others) kickplates. Not sure how they would look or fit on the FTO but it shouldn't be too bad. And relatively inexpensive as well....just over the $100 mark. Check these out:

GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

[quote="D-TRAIN"]
Not sure if you're aware but Momo already makes carbon fibre-look (among others) kickplates. Not sure how they would look or fit on the FTO but it shouldn't be too bad. And relatively inexpensive as well....just over the $100 mark. Check these out:
quote]

nah, i don't think those Momo kickplates will fit onto the FTO... for that money ($100), i could but a 1m x 1m carbonfibre sheet from Autobarn and mould them onto the factory kickplates myself and have some spare change for a car fragrant...!!