New performance shop Grand Opening 3rd- 4th Sept

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

WildRide
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by WildRide »

Hmmmm..... :?

Interestingly enough I was doing some work on the exhaust over the weekend. Looks like the flange o-ring on the rear bank was never seated properly :( A section of it was un-compressed and charred like it had spent it's whole life inside the pipe.

Replaced both front and back flange gaskets and she's running quieter and smoother than ever.

I so love working on my car
I think I'm hooked.... :roll:

WR

P.S HKSFTO has mivec permently set to the high cam, so you will probably own me at launch. Don't think i haven't thought about changing that. What are you running in the MR2 anyway?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

WildRide wrote:
P.S HKSFTO has mivec permently set to the high cam, so you will probably own me at launch. Don't think i haven't thought about changing that. What are you running in the MR2 anyway?
I'm kinda lost, what you mean by permently set to the high cam? MIVEC is the high cam & it only kicks in after 5500rpm.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

the MR2 is running standard everything except for an ARC super induction box. A full 3" exhaust and dump pipe will be fitted by Friday and so will the new manifold :D
I think we should race on Elgar Rd near my house on Sunday and use their speed cameras as a start and finishing point for a nice photo finish :lol: :lol:
WildRide
Grease Monkey

Post by WildRide »

....use their speed cameras as a start and finishing point
Awsome....
I actually got done by one the other day.
74 in a 70 zone....... :roll:

I feel like such a failure.
I don't deserve to own an fto if I'm going to go that slow..... :twisted:

The mivec point on hks has been set to below idle. I'm not 100% sure why. I think they had some issues with the cam shifting under boost. :?

Definately thinking about push in that up to about 3.5k.
Need to do some research first.

WR
WildRide
Grease Monkey

Post by WildRide »

P.S

Oh yeah and no....I'm not racing you.... 8)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Ohhh now I get it W.R, could it be because you running boost on single bank instead of both bank like Mikey's?? How big is your dump pipe??

V type engine, with high compression ratio, Variable Valve timing plus the pressure from a turbo, well u can do the math’s how tricky it would be to get it right. :?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

from what it sounds like W.R it doesnt seem u can do much more to the performance of yr car without having to do major mods :?
having said that, Mikey still had the standard dump pipe on which u should have upgraded.

P.S

YES U ARE RACING ME! :lol:
WildRide
Grease Monkey

Post by WildRide »

Turbo is fed off both banks.
There is a few little things to be done. Pod shroud has already gone on, Extractors are stock, plus the interior is pretty basic.

Plenty to keep me happily busy. :)

This thread is waaay of track.

Does anyone else feel like joining us on a nice law abiding cruise on Sunday?

WR
Last edited by WildRide on Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Just a few more questions heheheh (king of off topic)

Did you change it to both bank? Scracy told me it was running off a single bank before.

And Recaro TomCat isn't exactly plan or basic either heheeh :wink: So r u going to enter your car for the SQ comp that Mil had posted in the other thread, yours should do well. (don't reply this Q here hehhee reply at the other thread)

Hmmmm I wonder if Shue had read this post yet? Shue r u going, since u got nothing to do on Sunday anyway :wink:
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

hey WR if u dont like yr seats then sell them to me! :D
WildRide
Grease Monkey

Post by WildRide »

Seats are staying where they damm well are... :)
However I have had quotes to get them re-trimmed.
When i win division 4 in tattslotto, they are first up.

WR

It's most definately powered by both banks.
msbchi
Grease Monkey

sunday meet

Post by msbchi »

what time are you going to swing by Chadstone cause I should be able to make this one. I'll bring along my new security system for you to check out Kevin
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmm good question, W.R want to be around lunch time when we get there, so lets have a vote on which time we should meet up.

1. 11:00am
2. 11:30am
3. 12:00pm

Now since its Sunday, there going to be crap load of ppl so where should we meet?

Hmmmm i know what u on about, new security system hey heheehe man i don't think anyone want to get anywhere close to your car with that system ahahahaha :twisted:
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

i might check it out on sunday or saturday with another member at around 8am lol
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmmm sorry ppl and i hate to say this, i can't make it this weekend & my friend going to kill me for sure. But i just got given tickets to the Australian Rally Championship and how could anyone refuse???

So i'm off to Rally for the weekend. :D
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

so u gonna be at yr shop on Saturday??
:?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah i'm still going to be at the shop, cause u still going to give me a ride right? To the rally if you don't mind :twisted:
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

i just got a phone call from the exhaust joint, and my new exhaust, dump pipe and manifold is fitted!!
im hanging to go pick it up at 5pm!!! :D
scracy
Grease Monkey

Post by scracy »

Technically hksfto is run off both banks kev as they do come together in a collector (same as mickeys) however i dont consider hksfto or mickeys car to be "truelly" fed from both banks.
PS:long live "AUVSR5" my new ride!
<P>HKSFTO-most published fto in aust.</P>
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

scracy wrote:Technically hksfto is run off both banks kev as they do come together in a collector (same as mickeys) however i dont consider hksfto or mickeys car to be "truelly" fed from both banks.
PS:long live "AUVSR5" my new ride!
Now i know what you mean ehhehe your new ride can run over all the fto without problem, so i know who to avoid.
ftoluv wrote:i just got a phone call from the exhaust joint, and my new exhaust, dump pipe and manifold is fitted!!
im hanging to go pick it up at 5pm!!!
Is Friday night, so its time for boost cruise :lol: