What do you want to do next?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Next Event?

Another Cruise - we have lots of other curly roads on offer in NSW... If yes, your suggestions on where.
50%
Track Day - Wakefield & Oran Park offer the best 'open track days'.
17%
Go Karts - been done a million times, but always fun.
17%
The Pub - A simple drink with like minded individuals. Dont bring your car!
17%

Total votes: 6

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

What do you want to do next?

Post by Bennoz »

Ok folks - after the success of the last cruise, it seems there's a few folk out there willing to catch up, talk shop, drive, race or whatever!

So my question to you is 'what next?'

There looks like there's going to be a pub night coming up anyway - but Im just getting a feel for things.

Track Day is always popular. Had some discussions with the management at Wakefield & it really isn't that expensive to hire the entire track out for a few hours should we have the numbers. I've certainly got 10 mates up for it... and not neccesarily in FTO's either.... Alternatively we can just turn up to an open track day. To race, watch, whatever.

Food for thought.
alku83
Grease Monkey

Post by alku83 »

I'd like another cruise sometime, the last one was too much fun. Not really sure where though. I'm happy to come up to Sydney and go wherever. What was that place with the nice curves you were talking about Ben?Maybe a trip down towards Canberra way?

Would also be up for go karts or the pub. Don't think I'd be game enough to put my car on the track though.

What about some sort of workshop type day? We could all get together and do some of 'those things that we've been meaning to do'. Window guides, door lock mechanisms, painting calipers, leather seats...etc etc.
http://www.aspyre.com.au/
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

The Pub - A simple drink with like minded individuals. Dont bring your car!
Somehow I get the feeling a trip to the pub with you isn't that simple. :P

If you ever come down to Canberra I know of some great scenic roads that are both fast and slow paced. Could always take you into the local reserve (35kph limit though) for some awesome mountain shots.
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Ok I voted the pub (funny that) finding a venue that suits all who want to got will be the next challenge. I'm thinking somewhere central like Parramatta, but this might not suit everyone so feel free to throw in suggestions.

Having said that, and only being able to vote once, I like BuCkEt's suggestion about heading down Canberra way. I know its has been suggested before without much success or interest, but there's no harm in trying again!

Thats my 0.0181 cents + GST :D
Teh Ban Queen!
Anubis
Grease Monkey

Post by Anubis »

In order of preference ...

I like go karts ... I havent been for about 2 years! ...

A nice drive down canberra is great as well ... Remeber though I can only go 100kmph on the highway as I have green P Plates :( ...

Track sounds good but kinda scary for me 8O ... But I wouldnt mind just to come along ...

Pub is alittle hard for me as I live so far away unless we have it near Central station?
The greatest battles we will ever fight are with our own minds...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Option I forgot to add guys & Girls!!

Dyno Day!!
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

A nice drive down canberra is great as well ... Remeber though I can only go 100kmph on the highway as I have green P Plates
Yeah I noticed that you guys had limits on your P Plates, I think one of you only had their 90kmph P's too.
The drive from Kiama to Canberra only took me about 3 hours (mind you I was going marginally faster than I was supposed to be).

Wakefield (or any other racetrack for that matter) is an unreal experience and you should give it a go. Drive to your own limits and learn more about your own car at the same time. It's not scary unless you're careless about how you drive. If you think playing GT4 or Forza is fun.....this craps all over it. :lol:
Anubis
Grease Monkey

Post by Anubis »

BuCkEt wrote: Yeah I noticed that you guys had limits on your P Plates, I think one of you only had their 90kmph P's too.
The drive from Kiama to Canberra only took me about 3 hours (mind you I was going marginally faster than I was supposed to be).
I dont care how long it takes :) ... Just thinking for everyone else that may come along ... The longer the better if you ask me ...

On the note of cruises does everyone bring walkie talkies? Maybe the next one I'll bring mine :P
BuCkEt wrote:Wakefield (or any other racetrack for that matter) is an unreal experience and you should give it a go. Drive to your own limits and learn more about your own car at the same time. It's not scary unless you're careless about how you drive. If you think playing GT4 or Forza is fun.....this craps all over it. :lol:
Ohhh sounds like fun! I'm just a little paranoid that I'm going to have something go wrong with my car that day :? ... And I love GT4!!! HmMmMm sounds fun! ... Now you got me all excited for this bucket ahahahaha :) ... Can't wait for the next one!
The greatest battles we will ever fight are with our own minds...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

You only drive your car at the limit you are comfortable with. As the day goes on you generally get the urge to push a little harder as you aquaint yourself with the track more & more. And if you loose it - you just end up on the grass... (except coming onto the main straight - armco makes interseting indents in utes I tell ya that much...) 8O :P