Cruise Aftermath

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Cruise Aftermath

Post by Daz_FTO »

Thanks for organising that run. Hadnt done a hill climb before that - was good fun.

Garry - how'd the car pull up?
Jase
Grease Monkey

Post by Jase »

Awesome fun. I was very impressed with the way my car handled. Good to meet you guys. Now i've gotta put names to cars to user names.
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

Well I'll help you out a bit.
I'm Jerome (the young kid)
Heres my car.
Jase
Grease Monkey

Post by Jase »

Nice car. I'd been trying to decide on removing the wing for when i eventually get around to respraying. Yours decided it for me. Looks good. Anyways i'm Jase. The only red fto of the day.
GarryD
Grease Monkey

Pulled up ok

Post by GarryD »

Had no more smoke no problems on way home Auto was down nearly a litre no sign as to why Maybe it just couldn't handle the way I pushed it :lol:
No problems at all today B'bane return Maybe it was just coming out the breather what ever it was it seems to be gone Have to give it another caning and see
HiRAEdd
Mechanic

Post by HiRAEdd »

I couldn't agree more. Maybe next time we should have an afternoon into evening cruise :)
Here's mine if you can't put the face to the car.
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

And mine was the only GR :D (silver one with crap wheels) - which apparently has red pearl through the coat :? and thats the reason the guy at the panel shop gave me today for the paint on the front bar not matching the car...so he reckons... getting it re-matched next week.
HiRAEdd
Mechanic

Post by HiRAEdd »

Well he wasn't about to admit he's a crap panel beater ;)

Yeah, get new wheels Daz, it's much more fun pushing the car round the corners on more rubber, don't need the brakes so much...brakes? what brakes hehe.

If you want that s/s grill for the front, let me know and you can come pick one up.

On the topic of tyres though, the few people that had new tyres, how did they fair? Was everyone happy? I was really impressed with my Toyos, on the whole journey, only felt a slight loss of traction on the back once. Mind you, kind of expect that when you're doing the speeds we were doing around those 20k/hr hair pins ;)
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

I drove a GR too, although I didnt go up the mountain I was at the Cabolture Lakes, Mine was the silver one with 17" chromes that needed a polish, come to think of it the whole car needs one... I was parked next to the hilux.
Jase
Grease Monkey

Post by Jase »

Mines a GR. I've got goodyear eagle F1's. the only time i spun was 1st gear out of the hairpins. I felt very safe pushing it on those tyres. Even some last sec mid corner braking they were great. I was very impressed with my suspension set up too. No bottoming out and no roll. Now i know what it feels like to race targa tassie style. Bring it on...