********Voltage Power Question*********

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

akuma3
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

********Voltage Power Question*********

Post by akuma3 »

Currently using:

Sony MP3/VCD Header 50W
MTX 12"
Clarion 640W should be a 2 way
JL splitz front, Sony explode 6X9 rear

Everytime my sub hits hard, the voltage meter needle shows drag lota power from it, if i use my old boss amp just to run the rear speakers, header for splitz and amp for pure bass would that reduce the power drain or even worst? :?
Last edited by akuma3 on Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

mil will be able to help u, but isnt it irrelavant what the headunit puts out if the amps are supplying your power? (I could be totally wrong)
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

are the speakers running off the amp or the deck?
and what are the specs from yr amp?? 1000W doesnt mean anything. Is it a mono block, 2 channel, 4 channel etc...
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

4 channel amp, should be running off the amp not too sure, i'm really noob with this stuff :(
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

ok, first u gotta find out whether or not yr speakers are amped or not.
secondly 40w to 50w deck will make a small but noticeable gain.
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

how do i check? strathfield car radio did it for me a yr back :?
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

1000w to me definetly sounds like a 4channel. And if strathfield did it then it's all wired up to the amp.

Basically it sounds unclear because you have sh*t brands filling your car. Sorry but that's the truth.

Sony is probably the biggest player in the "fully sick" doof doof market. If you get into car audio you'll soon learn that products like this are aimed at SPL (sound pressure level, ie. loudness) rather then SQL (sound quality level, ie. goodness :P).

Now if your serious about getting some decent components (you don't have to spend a mint, but you do get what you pay for) then follow these steps:
1. New headunit if possible but this isn't totally necessary
2. New sub, 10", dual if you must (2 subs) for punchier, tighter bass
3. Monoblock to run the sub (1 channel sub amp) if you have the money
4. a: 4channel hi/lo pass amp - run front and rear speakers
b: if you didn't follow 3, then 4channel amp and run the front speakers + the sub *bridged*, you can run the rear off the headunit
5. New front 6 1/2" splits (or full components but this is expensive)
6. New rear speakers, you want round 6 1/2" *rear fill* speakers because you don't really need the added bass of 6x9's when you got a sub

Brands to look at include JL Audio, Boston Acoustic, JBL, Blaupunkt and MB Quart. If you can find somewhere to ship from then you'll get yourself a *very* good deal.

To fix this on a very tight budget then reach into your boot, extract the subwoofer and throw it onto the driveway. Then pull out the front speakers and replace them with some quality splits.

Sorry if this seems a little harsh but if your gonna spend money on an audio system i want you to do it right :)
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Sony is probably the biggest player in the "fully sick" doof doof market. If you get into car audio you'll soon learn that products like this are aimed at SPL (sound pressure level, ie. loudness) rather then SQL (sound quality level, ie. goodness ).

Brands to look at include JL Audio, Boston Acoustic, JBL, Blaupunkt and MB Quart. If you can find somewhere to ship from then you'll get yourself a *very* good deal.

To fix this on a very tight budget then reach into your boot, extract the subwoofer and throw it onto the driveway. Then pull out the front speakers and replace them with some quality splits.

Sorry if this seems a little harsh but if your gonna spend money on an audio system i want you to do it right
AHAHAHAHAHA :lol:
mate, im so happy that a guy like u ended up buying my Boston splits :D

what i think Strathfield have done is running the entire power from the amp into the sub and using the deck to power the splits. By just buying a good Pioneer, Blaupunkt, Alpine deck u'll be able to not only hear better sound quality but the added power for the speakers. If u then also want more power for the speakers you need to buy new speaker and another 4 channel amp making sure that these two match in power and of a decent brand.
This obviously costs money. I understand some people have more of a passion for it and can justify the cost, whereas some cant. Its up to u.

People forget car audio is similar to making yr car go faster. U need good quality products for both and also installation is very important.
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

i know it's a sh*tass setup at the start yep but i don't want to waste money buying every pieces new

Monoblock to run the sub (1 channel sub amp) if you have the money? i don't even know what it is

if you didn't follow 3, then 4channel amp and run the front speakers + the sub *bridged*, you can run the rear off the headunit, i can do that? god i'm so noob

what i think Strathfield have done is running the entire power from the amp into the sub and using the deck to power the splits, maybe they did yeh

it's not toooooo bad after all but i just want clearer sound, bass is enough i'm not a fully sick pump-up person, so far i'm thinkin headunit change but done want to waste ta money for the wrong thing u guys know what i mean, splitz i'll consider too but ... really need to know where the problem is here first :(
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

If don't want a complete change over, I strongly suggest an Equalizer. It will make a world of different.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

If don't want a complete change over, I strongly suggest an Equalizer. It will make a world of different.

it would make a difference but it would be smarter to buy a better sound quality deck instead with built in EQ and so u can also have more power from speakers.
EQ is good when u have good products in yr car but yr still looking for the perfect sound for yr setup. With yr products it would be a complete waste of time and money because EQ arent cheap either.

I say go for a good Pioneer deck.
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

sound is very clear now but bass is draggin too much power

please help again guys, i'm so noob at sound sys :cry: